I Say I Say I Say

A cartoon Erasure visit an enchanted forest
mrblue

Re: I Say I Say I Say

Post by mrblue » Fri May 17, 2019 6:14 pm

Very cool! So Blues Away was to be the 4th single from I Say?? I wonder if we could ever get that confirmed from Vince, Andy or Mute.

I'm trying to picture an alternate offshoot universe where Blues Away was released as a single with that artwork... and I suppose it works. I think All Through The Years or So The Story Goes would work well with the wintry artwork too, though I just can't see how any of those 3 would have been a strong single - and I suppose Mute didn't either at the time.

I still wonder why the Always video was set in winter, when the artwork was so unabashedly spring-y (and the song itself always feels "warm" to me). I don't mean to knock the video, because it is a good one, but it seems like they should have kept the spring theme.
Rating: 50%

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier » Sat May 18, 2019 1:38 am

Me, I'm good with Mike's recollection. I have more doubt that V&A would remember than the guy commissioned to do the artwork for it. ;)

Still, did it get to a stage that a 7" version was done, or even a remix? That's tantalizing, but with FMTM and other releases, one wonders if we'd have heard such tracks by now.

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

chemicalboy

Post by chemicalboy » Tue May 21, 2019 4:52 pm

Pughie wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 am
All the FaceBook posts about this album being 25 years old,here’s a tribute to all the artwork which was just perfection all round and that logo has still yet to be beaten.

Take(s) Me Back......If its possible to wish an album a Happy Birthday, then Happy Birthday. :)

Uttering Rubbish and Associating Words.......

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC » Wed May 22, 2019 12:24 am

^^ such gorgeous artwork!! 8-)

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:17 pm

Miracle & Because Your So Sweet live on ‘Later with Jools’

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:56 am

So The Story Goes The Late Late Show.

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Interesting tweet from Vince today,re-issue anyone?

mrfirst

Post by mrfirst » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:58 pm

Wonder if this has any relation to an announcement this coming Thursday from the EIS

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:56 pm

mrfirst wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:58 pm
Wonder if this has any relation to an announcement this coming Thursday from the EIS
Its possible but the Blue Savannah remix Vince was working on a while back makes you wonder.

kwerty

Post by kwerty » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:04 pm

Pughie wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:56 pm
mrfirst wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:58 pm
Its possible but the Blue Savannah remix Vince was working on a while back makes you wonder.
Yeah I responded to the Tweet asking if it's going to be a double 'A' side with his remix of Blue Savannah we heard about many moons ago.

I think some people are getting excited that it's related to a forthcoming deluxe edition of I Say, I Say, I Say, but we thought that about his Blue Savannah remix and Wild! deluxe, but it never saw the light of day with that

Didn't he also once announce that he was remixing Turns The Love To Anger? There's been no further news on that either so far.

I wonder if a remix album is on the cards.

Another possibility: maybe sometimes Vince likes to just remix an old track for his own fun and entertainment! He just tells us about it. Like, you know, when he tells us about a pie he's making or something. We never get to actually eat any of it.

Of course, he did hint that the Blue Savannah remix was for something BMG had planned, so...

Return to “I Say I Say I Say (1994)”