CD SINGLES:
UK & GERMANY
CD12MUTE45 (UK) & INT 826.840 (DE)
• Oh L’Amour (Remix) [5:55]
• March On Down The Line (Remix) [6:04]
• Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! [3:53]

12″ SINGLES:

UK, GERMANY & USA
12MUTE45 (UK) / INT 826.840 (DE) / Sire 20471-0 (USA)
• A1 – Oh L’Amour (12″ Remix) [5:55]
• B1 – March On Down The Line (Remix) [6:04]
• B2 – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! [3:53]

UK, GERMANY & USA
L12MUTE45 (UK) / INT 126.848 (DE) / Sire 20488-0 (USA)
• A1 – Oh L’Amour (PWL Funky Sisters Say ‘Ooh La La’) [7:12]
• B1 – Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (Remix) [4:50]
• B2 – March On Down The Line (Remix) [6:04]

CD RELEASE (1993):
UK
CDMUTE45 (UK)
• Oh L’Amour [3:04]
• March On Down The Line [3:42]
• March On Down The Line (Remix) [6:04]

GERMANY
INT 826.769 (DE)
• Oh L’Amour [3:04]
• March On Down The Line [3:42]

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Chug on down the line

Post by Tin Soldier » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:55 pm

I'm no real hobbyist, nor victim of arrested development (that's a thing beyond a TV show, ya know), but every so often I have looked in on model railroading (loved it as a kid), and recently saw that there's now a Rheneas model train available to accompany a previous Percy one.

(In case you didn't know, that's not James on the withdrawn cover of OL, but Rheneas (and Percy)!)

That means, were you so inclined, you can now recreate the OL cover in real life. Maybe around an Erasure-themed xmas tree full of Snow Globe ornaments? (That's a lotta boxsets!)

Someone kinda did, actually. Yes, that's Percy in there as well. ;)

Rheneas clearly has a drug problem. :lol:

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

MikeyC

Re: Oh L’Amour (single)

Post by MikeyC » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:20 am

I wanted to recreate the "Run to the Sun" video, but getting a near-naked Jason Statham again wasn't so easy.

:D

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:56 am

You set your sights too high with the videos. I'd stick to sleeve art.

So far, I have..
  • Two dolphins in the bathtub.
  • Old couple in the spare room.
  • Ginger boy in the closet.
I'm working on a Circus Tiger next, but he'll have to share with the boy or the couple. This is Manhattan.

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:45 pm

Italian TV Show

Is Andy on speed?,lol,another Italian performance

mrfirst

Post by mrfirst » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:45 pm

Could I ask which version I have then it's not on the list
Oh lamour funky sister mix
Gimme gimme gimme extended
Oh lamour german vocal

kwerty

Post by kwerty » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:23 pm

mrfirst wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:45 pm
Oh lamour german vocal
That's the German (cat: INT 126.848) edition of the limited edition (L12 Mute 45)/second twelve inch of Oh L'Amour:

Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/Erasure-Oh-LAmo ... se/3527326

It has the German vocal version - sung by Susanne Störrle, NOT Andy B) - and is exclusive to the German edition. It's more than just a karaoke though, as the music has also been remixed to some degree.

The track is there instead of the extended version of March On Down The Line found on the UK and other editions - which was a repeat from the standard 12" anyway, so it's arguably 'better' than the UK and other editions. Plus, unlike the UK edition which came in one of those 'slim' 12" sleeves (with a cut-hole even I think), it's in a 'better' album-style outer sleeve with inner sleeve!

According to discogs, there are TWO pressings of this German version - the original with a Thomas The Tank Engine face on the back cover (which I linked to above), and a later repressing without it: https://www.discogs.com/Erasure-Oh-LAmo ... ase/446462

mrfirst

Post by mrfirst » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:14 pm

kwerty wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:23 pm
mrfirst wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:45 pm
Oh lamour german vocal
That's the German (cat: INT 126.848) edition of the limited edition (L12 Mute 45)/second twelve inch of Oh L'Amour:

Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/Erasure-Oh-LAmo ... se/3527326

It has the German vocal version - sung by Susanne Störrle, NOT Andy B) - and is exclusive to the German edition. It's more than just a karaoke though, as the music has also been remixed to some degree.

The track is there instead of the extended version of March On Down The Line found on the UK and other editions - which was a repeat from the standard 12" anyway, so it's arguably 'better' than the UK and other editions. Plus, unlike the UK edition which came in one of those 'slim' 12" sleeves (with a cut-hole even I think), it's in a 'better' album-style outer sleeve with inner sleeve!

According to discogs, there are TWO pressings of this German version - the original with a Thomas The Tank Engine face on the back cover (which I linked to above), and a later repressing without it: https://www.discogs.com/Erasure-Oh-LAmo ... ase/446462
Yes I've just checked the cat number,I just always presumed it was the UK release it has the black sleeve.I have the other oh lamour 12 which has the oh lamour(remix),gimme gimme gimme ,and extended version of March on down in a sky blue sleeve which is also the German release but I also own the same 12inch with a black sleeve which has a hole in the middle of the sleeve and the label on the record has a picture of the train on is that the UK release,
Thank you but I'm a bit confused

kwerty

Post by kwerty » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:52 pm

mrfirst wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:14 pm
Thank you but I'm a bit confused

Yeah... Oh L'amour is a complicated release for sure!
mrfirst wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:14 pm
I also own the same 12inch with a black sleeve which has a hole in the middle of the sleeve and the label on the record has a picture of the train on is that the UK release,
Yes, that sounds like the REISSUE of the standard UK release.

For general info, the releases go something like this:

1. The ORIGINAL UK edition of both the standard 7" & 12" of Oh L'Amour came in what is known as the "Thomas The Tank Engine" sleeve - pale blue with children's storybook trains in the corners, in keeping with the style of all Wonderland releases.

2. This was quickly withdrawn due to copyright issues with the artwork, and so BOTH the 7" and 12" were REISSUED in BLACK sleeves, with the ERASURE logo in GREEN. Confusingly, SOME of these have a hole in the sleeve, and some don't. There is however a picture of a train on the record label, which is as you described.

3. To add to the confusion, the UK limited edition 12" was, by default, ALSO in a black sleeve, but the logo text on this is RED.

4. Generally, the German releases mimicked the UK editions, with a 7", 12" and a L12", and used the same artwork (but in sturdier sleeves, and often coloured/marbled vinyl editions). Except with the 12" of Oh L'amour, which went with a pale blue sleeve minus 'Thomas'.

5. The German L12" used the same artwork (if you can call it that) as used for the UK edition - BLACK sleeve with RED logo text. And it would appear there are TWO issues of this too - one with a 'Thomas' face on the back sleeve, and a later one without. I don't know if that's the case with the UK edition - I suspect not, as in the UK it was a limited edition and so there may have only been one pressing. (ETA: and as mentioned previously, the German edition features the German vocal version of Oh L'amour instead of March On Down The Line remix)

As far as I am aware, there are no German editions with a hole in the middle of the sleeve.

The best way to check if you have a German edition of an Erasure record is the catalogue number - they usually begin "INT" followed by a six digit number, with a 'dot' half way eg INT 111.111

Hope some of that helps and doesn't just make it even more confusing!
Rating: 50%

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:49 am

Oh L’Amour Number 73 (children’s programme) hurry up Andy don’t be late.

Return to “Wonderland (1986)(2011 Remaster)”