New album

The future of Erasure albums,whatever will be next?
Pughie
Site Admin

Re: New album

Post by Pughie » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:38 pm

..... and so it begins, i wouldn't mind another Violet Flame if its anything as good as that, but with my experience each and every new brings something new to the mix and they always seem to get better and better.

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

mrblue

Post by mrblue » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:04 pm

Vince - cryptic as ever! Surely he means just Andy, right??

I like Violet Flame, I really do. But even I have to admit that most of the songs sound "the same." Before everyone grabs pitchforks, I don't mean that in a bad way. Almost every song has the same feel and tempo though, and I know Erasure (and us fans) have more varied musical tastes than unce-unce-unce. After all, we got a megamix where every song blends right into the next. Only Be The One and Under The Wave (edit: and Smoke & Mirrors) stand out as being a bit different tempo-wise than the rest.

This is the band that gave us Looking Glass Sea and Spiralling, alongside Love To Hate You and Sacred. They can mix it up a bit. Write 20 songs and give us the best 15! Take your time Vince and Andy. Don't rush to put out a 35-minute 10-track product. Give us lots more of that music that only the two of you can make! We're not going anywhere :)

This has been another suggestion from your silent partner. You're welcome guys! :lol:
Last edited by mrblue on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:10 pm

mrblue

Post by mrblue » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:01 pm

One thing I'd love to see on the next album would be short musical bits between songs (interstitials). Think something like the bridge between Blue Dress and Clean on DM's Violator or "Can you take me back?" on the Beatles' White Album. Even Safety in Numbers might count, if it weren't at the end of the album. I've always felt they make an album more listenable, like you're getting something extra, and aren't something we've really seen on an Erasure album (except arguably their self-titled). Could be a nice chance of pace and give us some extra minutes of Vince's synthwork! Or at the very least, it would be great to have an instrumental track mid-album, to break things up a bit. Pretty much every VNV Nation album has a "bring it down a notch" instrumental break, giving the listener a moment to reflect, then moves nicely back into the uptempo tracks and gives their albums a nice overall flow. An instrumental would be even more of a no-brainer if this album gets the "space" treatment that Vince hinted at.
Rating: 100%

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:34 pm

mrblue wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:01 pm
One thing I'd love to see on the next album would be short musical bits between songs (interstitials). Think something like the bridge between Blue Dress and Clean on DM's Violator or "Can you take me back?" on the Beatles' White Album. Even Safety in Numbers might count, if it weren't at the end of the album. I've always felt they make an album more listenable, like you're getting something extra, and aren't something we've really seen on an Erasure album (except arguably their self-titled). Could be a nice chance of pace and give us some extra minutes of Vince's synthwork! Or at the very least, it would be great to have an instrumental track mid-album, to break things up a bit. Pretty much every VNV Nation album has a "bring it down a notch" instrumental break, giving the listener a moment to reflect, then moves nicely back into the uptempo tracks and gives their albums a nice overall flow. An instrumental would be even more of a no-brainer if this album gets the "space" treatment that Vince hinted at.
That’s a very good idea

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:17 am

Andy in deep thought trawling his inner thoughts for inspiring new lyrics for the new album,and he’s definitely NOT asleep!

Return to “The Future Album (20**)”