New album

The future of Erasure albums,whatever will be next?
Pughie
Site Admin

New album

Post by Pughie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:31 pm

Writing in July for new album.

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Re: New album

Post by Tin Soldier » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:36 pm

Well, we don't really know if it's BS...Freudian slip there. ;)

2019-03-20_16-20-44.jpg

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

mrblue

Post by mrblue » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:05 pm

Wonderful news!! You just made my day. Happy Spring everyone!

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:57 am

Praise Be July!! *bows down*

I should be back home by June so maybe I'll see the Boys around town! :D

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:48 pm

Mark: You mentioned there, I mean it sounds very demanding they’the fans are always going to demand and … want more new music. Obviously for now you’ll be focused on the Torsten album at the moment. Do you have much opportunity to create new Erasure music? Do you get together and create ideas? Or how does it work, do you do it via the internet?

Andy Bell: At the moment, Vince … ’cause I emailed him and I said, do you mind if I come over in July, we’ll hang out for a week. He said, “Oh yeah, let me start getting some tunes together. What would you like? Would you like some kind of high energy type tunes?” We hummed out that for a while, I said, “Yeah, that’d be great, do some really good unusual drum rhythms as well”. And then, so then we just take it from there, and it’s literally going in the studio, me listening to the music, and just picking up the lines and singing … you know, singing la dee da dee da, or making up some words. We decide whether it’s a good idea or not between us, you know?

Taken from a new Andy interview-
https://madnesstocreation.net/2019/03/2 ... ure-music/

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

DaddyD

Post by DaddyD » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:27 pm

A high energy based album would be very, very nice for sure! "The Violet Flame" was incredible with some thumping dance beats so something similar, or even more high energy themed could be spectacular indeed! ☺
Rating: 50%

mrblue

Post by mrblue » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:37 pm

Since WBG and of course World Beyond are more laid-back, I think we can safely assume their next album will be more uptempo and energetic. However, I'm hoping the next album will land somewhere closer to Nightbird, which has a perfect variety of slow to uptempo songs. Violet Flame is a great album, but there are too many dance floor numbers and not enough of the pensive or pretty Erasure that I love best.

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:53 am

mrblue wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:37 pm
Since WBG and of course World Beyond are more laid-back, I think we can safely assume their next album will be more uptempo and energetic. However, I'm hoping the next album will land somewhere closer to Nightbird, which has a perfect variety of slow to uptempo songs. Violet Flame is a great album, but there are too many dance floor numbers and not enough of the pensive or pretty Erasure that I love best.

Although.... many of their 'dance floor numbers' ARE pensive and pretty!! 8-)

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:38 pm

For me, I'd eschew disco if I were them, and for a long time. LATEOTW and TVF explored that quite enough (That said, Sacred is the kind of single I'd like to see more of).

WBG also explored deep issues since, so I'd like something bright and innocent...freudian slip there. :)

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

mrblue

Post by mrblue » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:01 pm

I love being Erasure's silent partner regarding their musical output. "Silent" meaning they don't hear a single word from me, or have any idea I exist for that matter, but those are just trivialities!

I agree Tin, a full disco-inspired album might be too much but a track or two would be great. Since we now know that Erasure simply aren't allowed to release an album without some uptempo singles on it, we can at least push for them to keep the dance floor tracks to a minimum. What I mean by that is, no - we don't need another Violet Flame where just about every song is dancy. We honestly don't need any concept album for that matter.

Just an album. A good ole' Erasure album like Cowboy or Nightbird. An album that has highs and lows that can flow easily from Track 1 to Track 15 (note: I did NOT say Track 10) and takes the listener along for a ride. An album that has something for all fans - high and low, loud and soft, fast and slow.

If you're in the midst of a breakup, you don't want to hear Star and if you're at the dance club, you don't want Piano Song to come on. But both of those great songs came from 1 album. I'd rather they approach the next album with that attitude, rather than "We are making a space album" or a "disco album" or a "serious album except they're making us tack on LYTTS and JALL."

Then, when they ARE ready to do a concept album, I hope it will be Erasure 2 in all its extended, synthy glory.

Return to “The Future Album (20**)”