I Could Fall In Love With You – Album Mix
I Could Fall In Love With You – Monteverde Dub Mix 2
I Could Fall In Love With You – James Aparicio Mix

Official video

Official video

From Wonderland to the World Beyond
Pughie
Site Admin

Re: I Could Fall In Love With You (single)

Post by Pughie »

Pughie
Site Admin

Re: I Could Fall In Love With You (single)

Post by Pughie »

The day begins, it's early morning; the camera tracks down towards the main doors of a store. The lights inside begin to flicker into life as the sun glares through huge plastic sign.
We see two young workers enter and hear the intro to the track filtered through the supermarket tannoy.
The interior of the supermarket is hyper real. Strong colours super clean edges, floors and walls. There's an almost heavenly quality to the light which intensifies at key moments in the film The whole place has an almost bubble gum quality to it. The design is very 'Japanese pop culture!. Bright reds, yellows, greens, pinks, and blues with huge plastic shapes and signs. Food labels are rhythmic and repetitive as they line shelves which seem to go on forever, all interrupted by weird and wonderful characters doing their shopping.
Suddenly as the chorus breaks, the boy and the girl break free from their fettered routine and rise above it in a floating embrace. The sense of order in the supermarket is completely disrupted.
Suddenly reality kicks in at the very peak of their embrace; the whole film rewinds quickly back to the moment before their paths crossed. As things rewind we see everything being set back to rights however others not connected to the two appear to be moving in real time.
Back at their original starting point they carry on doing something else as though it never happened, until their paths cross again.
The only ones observing this dance of passion are the two band members Andy and Vince.
Andy sits in a booth overlooking the supermarket singing into a tannoy. Whilst Vince works behind the photo counter.
This process continues throughout the film in a strange disjointed time which can be accomplished through frame remapping and clever editing in order to create the illusion that time splits off in wild tangents parallel to their reality.
Between these moments we cut to various vignettes of supermarket life (an old lady examining the produce, a child pushing a mountain of canned beans over etc etc.) Cut amongst these we also have a few very subtle lingering glimpses of the girl's shoulders, ears and legs etc likewise with the boy. Little snippets of desire that we are all familiar with.
The film ends when it's time to clock off. The lights go down, the sun sets, and the young couple leave separately clearly unaware of what has been happening between them throughout the day.

Return to “Light At The End Of The World (2007)”