Loveboat - Unheard Demo’s & Ideas

Sink or swim?,some love it some hate it
Pughie
Site Admin

Re: Loveboat - Unheard Demo’s & Ideas

Post by Pughie »

mrblue wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:29 pm Indeed, thank you so much @Pughie for re-uploading these! These are all new to me.

Where in the world did this disc come from?? Is this semi-official? Complete bootleg? I see 140db listed as a label on Discogs, but no mention of this disc (or anything else by Erasure).
It’s a mystery as to how long this has been undiscovered,but it’s great to hear.

From Wonderland to the World Beyond
AaronLancs

Post by AaronLancs »

Pughie wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:41 am
mrblue wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:29 pm Indeed, thank you so much @Pughie for re-uploading these! These are all new to me.

Where in the world did this disc come from?? Is this semi-official? Complete bootleg? I see 140db listed as a label on Discogs, but no mention of this disc (or anything else by Erasure).
It’s a mystery as to how long this has been undiscovered,but it’s great to hear.
Well from doing a bit of digging around 140dB seems to be the thing attched to Flood (Producer) and Ben Hillier (Engineer).

If the album was released today me thinks it would probably have similar bylines a bit like The Violet Flame:
Produced by Erasure and Flood for 104dB.
Additional Engineereing by Ben Hiller for 140dB.

ben

Post by ben »

I find those demos really interesting. Loveboat is my Lovechild, despite all the hate it got from many of the fanbase I really love it. And I cried when I heard the version of The Moon And The Sky that was on the EP. It destroyed a wonderful song. The album version is the ONLY version that counts, please don't mention other attempts. PLEASE!!!!

mrblue

Post by mrblue »

I'm with you @ben and I'm happy to resurrect our old "Loveboat Appreciation Thread"! It's a great album, only marred unfortunately by the poor mastering. I'm still hoping that it will get a proper mastering one day, but even as-is I love it too!

Return to “Loveboat (2000)”