Fingers & Thumbs Video Shoot

Erasure's ambient experimental album
Pughie
Site Admin

Fingers & Thumbs Video Shoot

Post by Pughie » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:50 pm

We all had to meet up at Victoria Coach Station at 2pm on thursday october 26th 1995,3 coaches will leave at 2.30pm for a video shoot that would last from 6pm till 6 am the next morning.
The video is set at a funfair in the late 1950's,you had to try and wear period clothes with no logo's etc the look is like from the films 'Rebel Without A Cause' & 'On The Waterfront'.
We were sent a laminate-
which as you imagine looked so cool! lol

I had a denim shirt and jeans which i thought would keep me warm,with my phantas long sleeve tee underneath as boy did we need it as it was freezing at the side of the Thames throughout the night ....... but as with most things this was deemed inappropriate as they decided the shirt had to come off,of course then when they saw the tee underneath that had to come off to be replaced by a flimsy short sleeve shirt,that they told me to put on in the wardrobe van,to which i walked in and suddenly was faced with some poor girl in her underwear!,whoever you are i'm sorry ok?
My hair was greased up Travolta-esque,and i was ready to go being positioned on a fairground ride for the first hour or so. During the night we had refreshments from the catering bus and plenty of chatting with other fans etc. Life is very surreal at 5.30 in the morning when your still riding the Waltzers-it wasn't until they stopped the ride and took me and my ride partner Allison out of the car to be replaced with 'actors' who then went on to appear in the finished video ..... talk about so near and yet so far.
But sadly not everything went to plan,what with camera booms failing etc we were all asked if we wanted to stay on another night to carry on filming but i had to be back at work so couldn't stay in the hotel Mute had organised for the extras to stay in.
I had an amazing time meeting new people and getting to star (evidence to follow,however small it was) in a pop video by my favourite band....how cool is that?

A few weeks after the shoot we all received a promo copy of the video,which i scoured for hours looking for myself,ok if you watched it you'd never find me,but i know where i was and can spot myself. The sad thing was almost 90% of the video footage used was taken on the 2nd night,but i'm in there and i'm proud to say "I was there".

you can just make my very small body out next to the blonde guy
this one is much better,yes that really is me,trust me i was there!

Can anyone else 'find' themselves in the video?,or where you to like me a very small part :lol:

Heres a dedicated facebook group-
http://www.facebook.com/groups/53289047806/
Rating: 50%

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Re: Fingers & Thumbs Video Shoot

Post by Tin Soldier » Fri May 03, 2019 12:15 am

Wish I could relate...or join the FB group! :)

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

Return to “"Erasure” (1995)”