I Say I say I say promo telephone

A cartoon Erasure visit an enchanted forest
mrblue

Re: I Say I say I say promo telephone

Post by mrblue » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Oh wow, I had one of those clear phones in high school. Memories!

The I Say phone is rather cheap and plain looking - it would have looked a lot nicer if it had been covered all over with the blue I Say background. I have a clear Erasure decal in the I Say font... I wonder if I could make my own Erasure phone??

kwerty

Post by kwerty » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:57 pm

Tin Soldier wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:24 pm
Let's face it, there were even better ideas that would have been more on the nose. ;)
I guess it depends on the angle you approach it from, as there are two sides to the ISISIS artwork, and your examples only tie-in with one side of that.

There's the sleek digital production and electronics of the logo (and the wireframe of the LCD covers) which your examples fit in with perfectly, but it's juxtaposed with the human-painted fairy tale imagery of the main covers, for which something more old and classic would be more suitable, as in my examples. I'd propose of course that they would have the 'modern' logo printed somewhere on them. Maybe even the numbers in the dial could be in the same style.

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:25 pm

kwerty wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:57 pm
Tin Soldier wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:24 pm
Let's face it, there were even better ideas that would have been more on the nose. ;)
I guess it depends on the angle you approach it from, as there are two sides to the ISISIS artwork, and your examples only tie-in with one side of that.

There's the sleek digital production and electronics of the logo (and the wireframe of the LCD covers) which your examples fit in with perfectly, but it's juxtaposed with the human-painted fairy tale imagery of the main covers, for which something more old and classic would be more suitable, as in my examples. I'd propose of course that they would have the 'modern' logo printed somewhere on them. Maybe even the numbers in the dial could be in the same style.
Well, were the initial design you posted, which I amusingly saw when looking for my images, painted with the leaf colors present on ISISIS or one of the singles, I'd see how that would work. Still, I'd argue that the ISISIS logo is far more iconic than the background variants, which I think is near consensus among fans. I think your second one is much more in keeping with something Phantasmagorical, though. I think it's spot on. :)

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

Return to “I Say I Say I Say (1994)”