Chorus 3CD Remaster (2020)

Erasure at their very best
Pughie
Site Admin

Chorus 3CD Remaster (2020)

Post by Pughie »

ERASURE: ANNOUNCING A BRAND NEW REMASTERED AND EXPANDED 3-CD EDITION OF 'CHORUS' FOR 2020
Yes indeed! I am absolutely delighted to finally be able to announce that on February 14th 2020 (our Valentine's Day gift to you) BMG will release the latest in their series of remastered and expanded Erasure CD reissues with a 3-CD edition of 'Chorus' which features a remastered version of the original album on one disc; a selection of new and classic remixes, b-sides and bonus tracks on disc two; and a live version of the entire 'Chorus' album, recorded on Erasure's Phantasmagorical Entertainment Tour, on the final disc.

The remastered and expanded edition of ‘Chorus’ comes in deluxe hardback book packaging with brand new sleeve notes by Mat Smith, and the first 2000 pre-order customers will also receive a bonus pack of four 'Chorus' postcards. :-)

Here's the tracklisting...

CD1 - CHORUS REMASTERED
• Chorus
• Waiting For The Day
• Joan
• Breath Of Life
• Am I Right
• Love To Hate You
• Turns The Love To Anger
• Siren Song
• Perfect Stranger
• Home

CD2 - B-SIDES, REMIXES & RARITIES
• Over The Rainbow - Originally appears on the single 'Chorus'
• Turns The Love To Anger (Vince Clarke Remix) - New Remix
• Perfect Stranger (KROQ Mellow Version) - Taken from 'The KROQ Sessions'
• Waiting For Sex (Full Length) - Taken from the single 'Am I Right?'
• Love To Hate You (Robbie Rivera's Juicy Mix) - New Remix
• Twilight - Originally appears on the 2006 EIS release 'Buried Treasure II'
• Let It Flow - Originally appears on the single 'Am I Right?'
• Chorus (Fishes In The Sea) (Ben Grosse Remix) - U.S. Promo
• Siren Song (Alternative Lyrics) - Originally appeared on the 2006 EIS release 'Buried Treasure II'
• Breath Of Life (Divine Inspiration Mix) - Remixed by Phil Kelsey. Originally appears on the single 'Breathe Of Life'
• Love to Hate You (KROQ Blunder Version) - Taken from 'The KROQ Sessions'
• La La La - Originally appears on the single 'Love To Hate You'
• Mirror To Your Soul - Originally appears on the 2006 EIS release 'Buried Treasure II'
• Waiting For The Day (Demo Version) - Originally appears on the box set 'From Moscow To Mars'
• Perfect Stranger (Acoustic) - Originally appears on the single 'Am I Right?'
• Am I Right? (Glen Nicholls Extended 12" Mix) - New Remix
• Home (Minute Taker Remix) - New Remix

CD3 - CHORUS LIVE
• Chorus
• Waiting For The Day
• Joan
• Breath Of Life
• Am I Right
• Love To Hate You
• Turns The Love To Anger
• Siren Song
• Perfect Stranger
• Home

Format: 3xCD Hardback Book Album
BarCode: 4050538451986
Catalogue Number: LCDSTUMM95
Label: Mute / BMG
Release Date: 14th February 2020

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

mrfirst

Re: Chorus 3CD Remaster (2020)

Post by mrfirst »

I for one am looking forward to this,the remix of home has caught my eye,also the 4 postcards I'm presuming are the same ones as I originally had worth the pictures of fake joy or the pictures of the brain scans of Andy and vince

mrfirst

Post by mrfirst »

But no snappy,vitamin c,carry on clangers or B3

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

*cough* So, you mean to say you are INTENTIONALLY devaluing my KROQ cassette??? @#$#%^*!!! ;)

Well done.

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

Oh wait, I meant they should have included 180g orange vinyl, and a 12" picture disc too. ;)
mrfirst wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:48 pm
But no snappy,vitamin c,carry on clangers or B3
That's a tad odd. B3 especially. I suppose they want to preserve the value of the Japanese CD5" and EBX 4.3? :?

ziggy

Post by ziggy »

Yay.....this is great!

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

Don't know if it tops the Grid Mix, but I'm liking this better than the Bascombe mix. It's a great example of a mix that is contemporary to the release; not some attempt to fit it into some latter genre. I can easily imagine this being on 12MUTE134. (Should've been on an XL12MUTE134, really) :)

mrfirst

Post by mrfirst »

Perfect stranger and love to hate you KROQ sessions shall,be the one I look forward to the most then the home remix

kwerty

Post by kwerty »

Well I'm definitely looking forward to the new mixes (and yay! there's Vince's TLTA remix we heard about so long ago!), and I'm finding there's more to like and be thrilled for here than for Wild!. It's nice there's a few promo only 'rarities' on there as well to make it a bit more worthwhile (Chorus Ben Grosse mix is aka the previously released Low End Mix in case anyone is wondering).

Not so sure about the live 'track by track' third disc. I know this concert was perhaps the first (and last?) time they'd performed every song from an album so such a thing is do-able, but if they're going to use the disc to re-release live stuff, I'd rather they squeeze on as much from the show as they could! Also, not quite sure why they couldn't have done the same with Wild! But I've already got it all anyway, so no biggie. Maybe they're hoping it'll help shift a few more copies of the DVD!

On one hand, I think I'd rather they doubled up on the b-sides and mixes with two CDs of that stuff - that way at least all the b-sides from the period could be on there as well. On the other hand - as with the live tracks, it's makes little difference to me as I've got it all already!

Anyway, my copy is ordered :D
mrfirst wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:43 pm
the 4 postcards I'm presuming are the same ones as I originally had worth the pictures of fake joy or the pictures of the brain scans of Andy and vince
They ARE the same images from the original release, but in a postcard aspect ratio instead of square. I'm going to guess that means they are also printed on a heavier duty cardboard and so will be a little sturdier.

Last edited by kwerty on Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

kwerty wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:41 pm
They ARE the same images from the original release, but in a postcard aspect ratio instead of square. I'm going to guess that means they are also printed on a heavier cardboard and so will be a little sturdier.

Which NO one will end up mailing. ;)

Return to “Chorus (1991)(2020 Remaster)”