Chorus - 30th Anniversary Edition

Erasure at their very best
billyburg129

Chorus - 30th Anniversary Edition

Post by billyburg129 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:44 am

With the Wild 30 anniversary issue done I'm looking ahead to Chorus. I really hope Mute releases something that wows us. Chorus is such an incredible album and for me starts the sequence of three spectacular releases (e.g. I Say x 3 and Erasure). Oddly enough they played very little from Chorus on the last tour. I think maybe just LTHY right? I'm still holding out hope that they plan some concerts to celebrate Chorus in its entirety.

MikeyC

Re: Chorus - 30th Anniversary Edition

Post by MikeyC » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:49 am

Yes that would be amazing! Maybe even a few "Chorus" shows in big cities on both sides of the pond!

As I mentioned previously, I'm sure looking forward to Vince's rework of "Turns the Love to Anger" which he mentioned in a tweet last year, and hopefully (*praying to the synth gods*) a fully produced version of "Tune 5 (Mirror to Your Soul)"!! How cool would that be??

Can't wait! 8-)

davekcmo

Post by davekcmo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:09 am

I agree that Chorus would be a great tour. The entire album in sequence, with a second act sprinkled with other hits. Are there any songs that Andy might have a problem with? It seems like most of them have been performed live at least once, at least according to setlist.fm.

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:37 am

I don't want to pour a bucket of cold water on the idea, but I'd raised the spectre of expectation, and assumed expectation possibly by Vince, that such a show or album tour would need to be performed analogue, as other artists have made similar efforts when arranging and performing similar album tours.

Of course, I would KILL for Vince to load up another tank with some, if not all, the synths he'd used for Chorus, or at least on the Phantasmagorical tour. Yet, I think we'd have seen some of that effort post-Cowboy tour, and we haven't really. On the whole it's been midi controllers and MacBooks.

Like I've said before, I think there's not just one reason for that, but a few, but in any regard, I think it's part of why we haven't seen toured albums or at least show tied with previous anniversaries by now.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love if he did, and would still love if they did a softsynth version. It's just why I think it may not happen.

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

billyburg129

Post by billyburg129 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:46 pm

Tin Soldier wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:37 am
I don't want to pour a bucket of cold water on the idea, but I'd raised the spectre of expectation, and assumed expectation possibly by Vince, that such a show or album tour would need to be performed analogue, as other artists have made similar efforts when arranging and performing similar album tours.

Of course, I would KILL for Vince to load up another tank with some, if not all, the synths he'd used for Chorus, or at least on the Phantasmagorical tour. Yet, I think we'd have seen some of that effort post-Cowboy tour, and we haven't really. On the whole it's been midi controllers and MacBooks.

Like I've said before, I think there's not just one reason for that, but a few, but in any regard, I think it's part of why we haven't seen toured albums or at least show tied with previous anniversaries by now.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love if he did, and would still love if they did a softsynth version. It's just why I think it may not happen.
I'm remembering now that we had talked about this on the old forum, but I'm going to disagree with you. Similar to I Love Saturday being added to the European leg of the tour I think Vince could rework Chorus on soft synths. It wouldn't quite have the same sound as the album, but would allow them to tour the album. Plus they have played Chorus, Joan, Breath of Life and Love to Hate You with varying frequency over the last 10 years. Often times Vince's arrangements are simplified for tours and I would expect he would do something similar this time around rather than over complicate with analogue synths. Erasure can still celebrate the Chorus album without analogue synths can't they?

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:23 pm

billyburg129 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:46 pm
Tin Soldier wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:37 am

I'm remembering now that we had talked about this on the old forum, but I'm going to disagree with you. Similar to I Love Saturday being added to the European leg of the tour I think Vince could rework Chorus on soft synths. It wouldn't quite have the same sound as the album, but would allow them to tour the album. Plus they have played Chorus, Joan, Breath of Life and Love to Hate You with varying frequency over the last 10 years. Often times Vince's arrangements are simplified for tours and I would expect he would do something similar this time around rather than over complicate with analogue synths. Erasure can still celebrate the Chorus album without analogue synths can't they?
Well let me turn this round again,look what Vince did with the Yazoo tour,he could take the original tapes and record them into his Mac and re-jig them.
He did it for the Reconnected Tour why not a Chorus Tour.

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:15 am

Remember, folks, in that recent holiday '18 Q&A session, Vince himself said he'd be open to the idea of touring the album!

We shall see! :D

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:09 am

Well, Andy didn't commit to it, but Vince gave terms which I think factor in the issues I raised.

That sounds like somewhere close to home and not touring it.

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

billyburg129

Post by billyburg129 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:24 pm

There are plenty of museums in NYC. Let's debate which ones would be good ones. This must happen!

1. The MET
2. Brooklyn Museum
3. Gugenheim

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:12 am

billyburg129 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:24 pm
There are plenty of museums in NYC. Let's debate which ones would be good ones. This must happen!

1. The MET
2. Brooklyn Museum
3. Gugenheim
The new Whitney would be perfect! 8-)

Return to “Chorus (1991)”