Pughie
Site Admin

Re: Chorus 3CD Remaster (2020)

Post by Pughie »

From Wonderland to the World Beyond
kwerty

Post by kwerty »

Pughie wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:50 pm Erasure Chorus chart position #16 - 17th Feb - 23rd Feb 2020[/URL]
Is this the first time a remastered Erasure album has re-entered the charts? How did The Innocents do?

mrblue

Post by mrblue »

That makes me very happy to see!

Pughie
Site Admin

Chorus 3CD Remaster (2020)

Post by Pughie »

Well done us!

21st February 2020 UK album chart.

Or if you prefer the Independant Album Chart it’s number 3.

ben

Post by ben »

So keep your discs in the box, and stream the album over and over again, perhaps we get another week in the charts, that would be fantastic.

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

ben wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:06 pm So keep your discs in the box, and stream the album over and over again, perhaps we get another week in the charts, that would be fantastic.
For YOU over THERE, you mean. No streaming for us yanks, unfortunately.

Me, I FLAC'd all of them already anyhow. ;)

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :punch:
ben

Post by ben »

I understand your frustration. The whole terrible time when Mute was sold to a different company, and then became indie again was such a mess. To make things worse Erasure also changed labels in the US of A which made things even more difficult for you.

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

ben wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:16 pm I understand your frustration. The whole terrible time when Mute was sold to a different company, and then became indie again was such a mess. To make things worse Erasure also changed labels in the US of A which made things even more difficult for you.
Yes, it's frustrating when it comes to streaming or some digital releases, but I don't mind BMG going back to the well for things like RSD 12"s and LPs. Scrounge up more content (arguably, they haven't done so good a job there, but still) or get good remix artists to take new cracks at the classics, and I'll still bite. Mute did and do some special things like that for at-the-time current projects, but not so much for the classics even when the catalogue was in house. It may be beating a dead horse to some, but if something like that storybook-housed Innocents box set comes along, I'll live without soup.

BASTARD.jpg
;)

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :punch:
erasurehead

Post by erasurehead »

Vince did a great job on TTLTA, I'd only wish he did make more impact on the climax section. In this case I think the original is better where it builds and builds and then boom! As for the other new remixes, the Minute Taker's is very nice too but Rivera's is just horrible. Contains everything I hate about remixes.

Overall nice package. The remastering is very good with more punch and richer on the sound but I'm a bit dissapointed about the extra content, if anything it'd be cool with whole album remixed by Vince.

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

Chorus tee shirts made to promote the re-issue are now available while stocks last at Lexer now.
Limited amounts available,once gone no more will be made.

https://www.lexermusic.com/all-erasure/ ... 8kP9Ihhjzw

Return to “Chorus (1991)(2020 Remaster)”