Wild!

The 4th long player from Erasure
MikeyC

Re: Wild!

Post by MikeyC » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:28 am

I like it! It's not quite Drama (Act II) which still drives me wild to this day (in other words, I can't help but start dancing enthusiastically) but it's fun!! 8-)

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:14 am

MikeyC wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:28 am
I like it! It's not quite Drama (Act II) which still drives me wild to this day (in other words, I can't help but start dancing enthusiastically) but it's fun!! 8-)
You've heard the "Hung Jury Mix" by Art of Mix? It's probably up your alley as well :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEG0CD-qo-8
kwerty wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:13 pm
I wonder if it was originally commissioned for 'Pop! Remixed'. Or maybe even more recently for 'Always - the best of' or 'Moscow To Mars'.
My gut says the former, if choosing between the two, but I wouldn't rule out it being a more recent commission.
"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:55 am

Tin Soldier wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:14 am
MikeyC wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:28 am
You've heard the "Hung Jury Mix" by Art of Mix? It's probably up your alley as well :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEG0CD-qo-8
Love it!! Thanks for the heads up!! 8-)

kwerty

Post by kwerty » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:53 pm

Tin Soldier wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:14 am
My gut says the former, if choosing between the two, but I wouldn't rule out it being a more recent commission.
Yeah.. I suppose if it was from 'Always Best Of'/'Moscow to Mars' (which I suspect were all commissioned at the same time) then they could feasibly get away with calling it 'new'!

Plus 'Drama!' did see us get two officially released remixes with 'POP remixed' (plus a third which GRN unofficially released into the 'wild' for us!), so it seems more likely to be from then.

I'm not sure how I feel about it being part of the 'Wild!' remaster set though. On the whole I kind of prefer these to be all about the time in which they were originally released, and only include things which were - or could have been - released at the time. The other remasters are like that. So something thrown in from more recently just sounds out of place to me. I'd rather it was part of a different package I think.

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:26 pm

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:51 am

Is that UK iTunes? Not available yet on U.S. iTunes but that may change... 8-)

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:47 am

MikeyC wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:51 am
Is that UK iTunes? Not available yet on U.S. iTunes but that may change... 8-)
Yes UK iTunes at the moment

mrblue

Post by mrblue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Put in my pre-order for the 30th Anniversary remaster a few days ago. On the earlier forums, I complained a bit about the track listing and said I would boycott this release - but I changed my mind. I can't help it, I love Wild! I don't want to carry any negativity forward, but now as a paying customer, I feel I can speak up about some possible misgivings I have regarding this re-issue.

A few things that give me cause for concern:
- No disc 3. Surely they could have included something. Sure it would be nice to have a concert DVD, but anything would have been a nice gesture. All of the previous album re-issues are 3 disc. Why does Wild! get shorted?
- Disc 2 track listing. 5 tracks are labeled as "unreleased." Only Drama! (Richard Norris Mix) and How Many Times? (Alternative Mix) are the only previously unreleased tracks for certain. The 2 live tracks are likely from the Wild! Tour VHS/DVD and Dreamlike State (7" A Cappella Mix) will likely be just a mislabeled 12 Hour Technicolour Mix. We won't know for sure until the set is in our hands.
- Missing tracks and mixes. No b-side Paradise anywhere? Why not include 2000 Miles (Monteverde Mix) from FMTM? What about the US promo Blue Savannah mixes? Out of the Blue Mix has been released elsewhere and there are other exclusive mixes that could have been included.
- The album remaster itself. We all know many Erasure releases on CD are mastered WAY TOO LOUD. Will this re-issue sound incredible, or be overly loud and brickwalled? I expect a "remaster" to sound impeccable.

I am looking forward to the new Drama! and HMT? mixes, as well as simply listening to the album again. It's been a while! I'd like to hope that BMG is digging deep the in vaults to put out everything they can, so even though this release seems a bit uninspired to me (Wild! deserves so much better!) I'll just hope that it's only a placeholder while they go all out for the Chorus re-issue.

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:25 pm

mrblue wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:14 pm
Put in my pre-order for the 30th Anniversary remaster a few days ago. On the earlier forums, I complained a bit about the track listing and said I would boycott this release - but I changed my mind. I can't help it, I love Wild! I don't want to carry any negativity forward, but now as a paying customer, I feel I can speak up about some possible misgivings I have regarding this re-issue.

A few things that give me cause for concern:
- No disc 3. Surely they could have included something. Sure it would be nice to have a concert DVD, but anything would have been a nice gesture. All of the previous album re-issues are 3 disc. Why does Wild! get shorted?
- Disc 2 track listing. 5 tracks are labeled as "unreleased." Only Drama! (Richard Norris Mix) and How Many Times? (Alternative Mix) are the only previously unreleased tracks for certain. The 2 live tracks are likely from the Wild! Tour VHS/DVD and Dreamlike State (7" A Cappella Mix) will likely be just a mislabeled 12 Hour Technicolour Mix. We won't know for sure until the set is in our hands.
- Missing tracks and mixes. No b-side Paradise anywhere? Why not include 2000 Miles (Monteverde Mix) from FMTM? What about the US promo Blue Savannah mixes? Out of the Blue Mix has been released elsewhere and there are other exclusive mixes that could have been included.
- The album remaster itself. We all know many Erasure releases on CD are mastered WAY TOO LOUD. Will this re-issue sound incredible, or be overly loud and brickwalled? I expect a "remaster" to sound impeccable.

I am looking forward to the new Drama! and HMT? mixes, as well as simply listening to the album again. It's been a while! I'd like to hope that BMG is digging deep the in vaults to put out everything they can, so even though this release seems a bit uninspired to me (Wild! deserves so much better!) I'll just hope that it's only a placeholder while they go all out for the Chorus re-issue.
you don't need to. wait to here the new remix of Drama!
Pughie wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:41 pm
Here is the brand new Drama! (Richard Norris Remix) from the new remaster of Wild!

phpBB [media]

kwerty

Post by kwerty » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:47 am

Pughie wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:25 pm
you don't need to. wait to here the new remix of Drama!
maybe he wants to wait to hear the remix of Drama!

I mean. if his hunch is right, then there are only two tracks in the whole collection that he hasn't heard before. Why spoil it and make it just one by listening online in advance?

You know.. delayed gratification and all that. :)

Return to “Wild! (1989)(2019 Remaster)”