LCD – LCD Mute 89
Drama! – Krucial Mix
Sweet Sweet Baby – Medi Mix

Official Video

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

kwerty

Re: Drama! (Single)

Post by kwerty »

I remember seeing the 12" promo of Drama! in a local record store some time before the official release and buying it instantly. I wasn't normally interested in promos unless they featured something exclusive, but it was there in the shop and I had to have it! I mean, it had been like about SIX WHOLE MONTHS since Erasure had last released a record, which was just unthinkable. They released singles approximately every three months up until then!

I played it and wasn't quite sure what to make of it at first, although it quickly grew on me. It was the 'Act 2' mix, with just the 'Medi Mix' of Sweet, Sweet Baby on the flip side (which I liked instantly).

Anyway, the single was finally released and I was enthralled by the vocal intro - I of course had no idea before then that it even existed, as 'Act 2' omits that part. Generally I like to hear the original first, get to know it a bit, and then listen to the 12", but this was the first time I'd done it the other way around, and it couldn't have worked out better. It made me appreciate the original even more.

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC »

Love that story, kwerty!

My own little story related to Drama Act II is that I was in college and a big dance party was coming up (I was on the board of the club that organized all the campus entertainment) and I choreographed a dance routine to go with the remix and I actually did it at the dance! Just like in a movie, the crowds parted around me and give me room and just watched as I did the choreography!! Will never forget that!! 8-)

mrblue

Post by mrblue »

Allow me to add to the Drama! ;)

The US CD single of Drama! was the first CD I bought, ever. Initially I was upset that CDs were becoming the standard format because I had already purchased everything on cassette. I finally got a portable CD player from a friend who was selling his, and soon after picked up Drama! at the music store in the mall. That's a disc I'll never forget! I think my next CD purchases were some of the early DM singles that were being re-released on CD around that time. Been collecting CDs ever since!

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

mrblue wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:01 pm
Allow me to add to the Drama! ;)

The US CD single of Drama! was the first CD I bought, ever. Initially I was upset that CDs were becoming the standard format because I had already purchased everything on cassette. I finally got a portable CD player from a friend who was selling his, and soon after picked up Drama! at the music store in the mall. That's a disc I'll never forget! I think my next CD purchases were some of the early DM singles that were being re-released on CD around that time. Been collecting CDs ever since!
It was annoying for us UK fans knowing that we had to buy two separate cd singles to get all the mixes the US fans had on a single disc.

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

kwerty

Post by kwerty »

Pughie wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:26 pm
It was annoying for us UK fans knowing that we had to buy two separate cd singles to get all the mixes the US fans had on a single disc.
No only that, but the US CD had the 7" versions on it is well, which in the UK were not available on CD at all.

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

Remember, we can all come together in our annoyance at Japanese releases. ;)

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :punch:

mrblue

Post by mrblue »

Yea, I miss those days. Early US CD maxi-singles would have everything*!

*It seemed at the time, until I got a hold of Lazlo's discography in those early days of the internet. You Surround Me was a single?? Am I Right was a single???? Then and now, it's hard being an Erasure fan in the US!

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

Still there...

http://www.studio-nibble.com/lazlo-bin/discogs/erasure

Well, it had been updated elsewhere, but at least this is nostalgic if nothing else. ;)

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

Return to “Wild! (1989)(2019 Remaster)”