OMD

User avatar
mrblue
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: OMD

Post by mrblue » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:44 pm

I'm not sure if this really means anything, but wanted to update the forum:

I pre-ordered the OMD box set this weekend, and I noticed that the page read "6 remaining." Is this box set limited? I never got that impression, and I see it's for sale on Amazon as well.

I checked Lexer again this morning, and it shows "1 remaining." So, you might jump on it if you are reading this! I suspect it's a marketing ploy to urge you to purchase, but passing along just in case :)
https://www.lexermusic.com/omd/omd-souv ... uxe-boxset



User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 978
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: OMD

Post by Pughie » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:26 pm

mrblue wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:44 pm
I'm not sure if this really means anything, but wanted to update the forum:

I pre-ordered the OMD box set this weekend, and I noticed that the page read "6 remaining." Is this box set limited? I never got that impression, and I see it's for sale on Amazon as well.

I checked Lexer again this morning, and it shows "1 remaining." So, you might jump on it if you are reading this! I suspect it's a marketing ploy to urge you to purchase, but passing along just in case :)
https://www.lexermusic.com/omd/omd-souv ... uxe-boxset
It might be that Lexer have one copy of the quantity they were allocated.

(I’m making enquiries)

Here’s Alan from Lexer’s reply-
Hi mark, I only have 1 left from my allocation (the OMD site have sold out I gather). Was told there would “probably” not be any more, there’s some with other retailers still eg amazon... best

(Still one copy left at time of posting this reply)


From Wonderland to the World Beyond

User avatar
mrblue
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: OMD

Post by mrblue » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:40 pm

.... and it's gone! Now shows as SOLD OUT. It does still seem to be available for pre-order on OMD's site, though about $10 more due to shipping.

Also - as a slightly unrelated side note - I just realized this weekend that Pledge Music has folded! I was surprised to see that, though I don't think any of us will lose a lot of sleep over it. I never had any problems with them though, and luckily all my orders had been fulfilled. In fact, for my last order with them, Pledge sent me an extra copy of the OMD / Best of...Philharmonic 2CD set by accident. No idea why. Anyone interested? The 2nd copy is still sealed.
Rating: 50%



MikeyC
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:26 am

Re: OMD

Post by MikeyC » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:23 am

mrblue wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:40 pm
.... and it's gone! Now shows as SOLD OUT. It does still seem to be available for pre-order on OMD's site, though about $10 more due to shipping.

Also - as a slightly unrelated side note - I just realized this weekend that Pledge Music has folded! I was surprised to see that, though I don't think any of us will lose a lot of sleep over it. I never had any problems with them though, and luckily all my orders had been fulfilled. In fact, for my last order with them, Pledge sent me an extra copy of the OMD / Best of...Philharmonic 2CD set by accident. No idea why. Anyone interested? The 2nd copy is still sealed.
Ooooh, interesting!! Is it all philharmonic-backed? Are there also some synth-only arrangements? 8-)



User avatar
mrblue
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: OMD

Post by mrblue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:14 am

I'm pretty sure every track is orchestral. Like many other bands who decide to have their music performed with an orchestra (VNV Nation, Ben Folds, Metallica, etc...), some of the tracks “work” and some not so much. Some tracks just don't merge well with an orchestra, but some sound wonderful (like Maid of Orleans and All That Glitters). I'd say the same is true with World Beyond.

They did 2 nights, each available separately or as a “best of both nights” collection, which is what I got. Here's the Discogs entry:
https://www.discogs.com/OMD-Live-With-T ... e/12931276



MikeyC
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:26 am

Re: OMD

Post by MikeyC » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:04 am

mrblue wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:14 am
I'm pretty sure every track is orchestral. Like many other bands who decide to have their music performed with an orchestra (VNV Nation, Ben Folds, Metallica, etc...), some of the tracks “work” and some not so much. Some tracks just don't merge well with an orchestra, but some sound wonderful (like Maid of Orleans and All That Glitters). I'd say the same is true with World Beyond.

They did 2 nights, each available separately or as a “best of both nights” collection, which is what I got. Here's the Discogs entry:
https://www.discogs.com/OMD-Live-With-T ... e/12931276

Great info, thanks mrblue!! 8-)



User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 978
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: OMD

Post by Pughie » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:26 pm



From Wonderland to the World Beyond

User avatar
mrblue
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: OMD

Post by mrblue » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:39 pm

Another FYI for everyone - as mentioned above, Lexer sold out of their allotment of deluxe boxsets earlier and it looks like OMD's official site has as well. I was looking at the OMD store last night (store.omd.uk.com) and I don't see the deluxe boxset listed for sale any longer. (However, they do still have the vinyl and 2CD versions.) Amazon might be your last hope if you are still looking to pre-order this boxset. Good luck!



User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 978
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: OMD

Post by Pughie » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:00 am

Lexer Music have only 5 copies of 7” clear vinyl single feat Vince Clarke Remix. OMD stores sold out days ago.


From Wonderland to the World Beyond

User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 978
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: OMD

Post by Pughie » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Rating: 50%


From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Post Reply

Return to “Synthpop”