Howard Jones

Pughie
Site Admin

Howard Jones

Post by Pughie »

Human’ s Lib

Originally released in March 1984, Human’s Lib entered the UK Album Charts at No.1 selling over 100,000 copies in the first week and spending a total of 57 weeks in the chart whilst achieving Double Platinum status with sales in excess of 600,000 copies. Four songs from this album were released as singles in the UK, all of which reached the Top 20: ‘New Song’ peaked at No.3, ‘What Is Love?’ at No.2, ‘Hide and Seek’ at No.12, and ‘Pearl in the Shell’ at No.7. As well as achieving great success in the UK, “Human’s Lib” and the various singles taken from it also enjoyed tremendous success internationally in such countries as USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and throughout most of Europe.

With Howard’s full involvement, this prestigious debut album is being re-issued in four remastered formats including a Super Deluxe Box Set with the following features:

THE DELUXE EXPANDED 2CD+DVD SET

12” PICTURE DISC FEATURING THE STEG ORIGINAL ALBUM FRONT COVER ARTWORK

THE WHITE TAPE REPLICA PRE-CONTRACT DEMO CASSETTE CONTAINING REMASTERED VERSIONS OF FOUR ORIGINAL DEMO TRACKS

AN EXTRA BONUS CD CONTAINING FURTHER PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED STUDIO, LIVE AND BBC SESSION AND REMASTERED TRACKS

THE LONG DELETED LIVE IN JAPAN CONCERT RELEASED ON DVD FOR THE FIRST TIME

REPLICA OF THE ORIGINAL HOWARD JONES FAN CLUB RISK MEMBERSHIP CARD

HUMAN’S LIB ARTWORK LITHOGRAPH

REPLICA OF HUMAN’S LIB 1984 TOUR PROGRAMME

SET OF 5 BUTTON BADGES

Dream Into Action

Released in March 1985, Dream Into Action reached No.2 in the UK Album Charts and achieved Gold Album status. Like its pre-decessor “Human’s Lib”, “Dream Into Action” contained four Top 20 hit singles; ‘Things Can Only Get Better’ reached No.6, ‘Look Mama’ at No. 10, ‘Life In One Day’ at No.14 and ‘No One Is To Blame’ at No.16. In addition to these four Top 20 Hit singles, the original CD version of “Dream Into Action” also contained a bonus track, namely Howard’s hit single from the previous year - ‘Like To Get To Know You Well’ - which reached No.4 in the Singles Chart. “Dream Into Action” also enjoyed massive international acclaim and success; particularly in the USA where it reached No.10 in the Billboard Album charts achieving Platinum status. It spawned three Billboard Top 20 hit singles including ‘Things Can Only Get Better’ at No.5, ‘Life In One Day’ at No.19 and a re-recorded version of ‘No One Is To Blame’ featuring Phil Collins on backing vocals and drums (produced by Hugh Padgham), which gave Howard his biggest ever US hit single reaching No.4. As well as achieving great success in the UK (# 1) and USA, “Dream Into Action” and the various singles taken from it also enjoyed tremendous success internationally in such countries as Canada, New Zealand, Australia and throughout most of Europe.

Again, the Cherry Red reissue will come in four remastered formats, the Super Deluxe Edition of which has the following features:

THE DELUXE EXPANDED 2CD+DVD SET

12” PICTURE DISC FEATURING ORIGINAL ALBUM FRONT COVER ARTWORK

AN EXTRA BONUS CD CONTAINING THE FARMYARD SESSIONS PLUS OTHER PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED AND REMASTERED TRACKS

THE LONG DELETED LAST WORLD DREAM CONCERT RELEASED ON DVD FOR THE FIRST TIME

REPLICA OF THE HOWARD JONES FAN CLUB RISK MEMBERSHIP CARD

DREAM INTO ACTION ARTWORK LITHOGRAPH

REPLICA OF DREAM INTO ACTION 1985 TOUR PROGRAMME

SET OF 4 BUTTON BADGES

The other three formats include white and green vinyl editions, a deluxe 2CD and DVD digipack edition and an expanded single CD edition.

A very limited number of the Super Deluxe Edition Box Sets and Vinyl editions ordered from Cherry Red will come with an exclusive postcard set

You can pre-order all formats exclusively from Cherry Red Records here:
https://www.cherryred.co.uk/artist/howard-jones/

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Pughie
Site Admin

Re: Howard Jones

Post by Pughie »

Howard’s new album Transform is out this year,but what’s this idiot on about?

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

Howard & myself at The Assembly Leamington Spa

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC »

SOOOOO excited for "Transform"!! Howard and BT put up some clips of them working in the studio together and the album preview snippets sound AMAZING!!!

I also hope to see the concert in June!!

This is the project I'm most looking forward to this spring/summer!! 8-)
Last edited by MikeyC on Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

Damn. Meant to get tix today at the box office (considerably cheaper than online, and I'm mere blocks away). Tomorrow is a fuller day! ;)

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC »

Tin Soldier wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:47 am
Damn. Meant to get tix today at the box office (considerably cheaper than online, and I'm mere blocks away). Tomorrow is a fuller day! ;)
I should be back and resettled in NYC by then so hopefully we can meet and say hi at the concert!! 8-)

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

Wooo!

(That's all I could think of saying) ;)

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC »

Tin Soldier wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:21 pm
Wooo!

(That's all I could think of saying) ;)
How about: "I've been waiting for so long..." (*gets Jed to introduce us*) 8-)

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

[/quote]

How about: "I've been waiting for so long..." (*gets Jed to introduce us*) 8-)
[/quote]

Yes I’ve met him too,at the Indig02 London.

Return to “Synthpop”