Mute STUMM433

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Re: Mute STUMM433

Post by Tin Soldier » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:22 am

Devoleb wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:21 am
I think this project is stupid......meaning, releasing 5 vinyl and CD sets with nothing else than pure silence/silent ambient noise is some kind of art I don't like/understand......its a waste of money and sources. I might stand alone with this and that's ok.

If I want silence I'll go and sit next to the water at our house (I know not everybody can do this), if I want silence I'll walk into
the forest 2 minutes away (I know not everybody can do this). If I want silence I turn off all electric machines, not starting all up to spin.....nothing!?

I've too late found out that this project is some kinda art and the money coming in are going to charity (that part I really like though)

Not meaning to hurt anybodys feelings when I'm saying this project is stupid, but I will more likely buy real music and then to another side give away money to support 'real' charity....have several friends who died with cancer so most charity money from my hands will therefor go that way.

If this project should make sense in any way (to me) it should be made as 58 music videos instead with all artists recording everything from their home studios so you could see how/where the do their 'stuff'.

I highly respect that charity will collect money to people who needs it, but again doing this as 'no sound' thing only is nonsense to me......but again if Mute can get people pay for such a thing getting charity it's kinda a good thing :-)
I'm glad to see you acknowledge it's not pure silence...at least for a moment. I think we get that you're not a fan.

However, I do feel the British Tinnitus Association is a "real" charity. You can argue that cancer is a more dire issue, and I agree; I'd sooner be deaf than die of cancer, but it doesn't mean tinnitus is not a "real" issue. Still, we all have charities close to us, and that's yours. Music Minds Matter would seem to be important too, providing the general services they seem to to the musician community, but I'd personally prioritize tinnitus before them. That doesn't make them not "real" to me, however.

I understand yours and Mark's distaste for this, but try to look at this as a positive endeavor that's just not for you. Perhaps it will spur other similar projects that are up your alley.

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:53 pm

I didn’t say I didn’t like this release and a charitable cause will gain,a download option is available let’s hope we get a Erasure one we can buy that isn’t labelled ‘album only’
Rating: 50%

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Devoleb

Post by Devoleb » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:31 pm

@Tin, sorry didn't mean 'real' like raising money like this is not good enough.....I meant 'real' as in giving money directly to charity...I would never 'look down' on anything trying to raise money to charity....just think that this project is too weird and I'll not buy it, but art you cant argue :-)

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:59 am

To each his own. Either way, neither of us will end up with this set.

Well, unless someone donates one to the local thrift shop. I have a feeling a "silent vinyl boxset" might be priced there for me to afford. ;)

Devoleb

Post by Devoleb » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:19 pm

Tin Soldier wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:59 am
To each his own. Either way, neither of us will end up with this set.

Well, unless someone donates one to the local thrift shop. I have a feeling a "silent vinyl boxset" might be priced there for me to afford. ;)
I agree 100% ....cant stop feeling that this is a bit like 'Emperors new clothes' ...well it's charity, but again....it would be more cool with 58 videos :-)

dannylee

Post by dannylee » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:36 pm

Silence is golden.....just not in this case.

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:38 pm

Nitzer Ebb 4’33”

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:00 pm

STUMM433 // UPDATE
The STUMM433 box set, it's been a real labour of love and a huge task to put together with everyone giving their art and time for free. All of our wonderful artists and all the amazing designers who have worked with us over the years.

Unfortunately we had to move the release date back a couple of weeks as some of the parts have been delayed, in particular, the scented candles. They are coming from America, have been specially created by a leading perfumer and are amazing, they will be worth the wait we promise.

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:46 am

Are these candles coming from the Chicago area, by some chance? Also, as a DJ, Daniel ought to know better than to stack his vinyl like that. ;)

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:07 pm

We will be hosting a free listening launch event at Café OTO in London for STUMM433!

It will take place on the afternoon of Sunday 27 October, where alongside a playback of selections from the 5-piece box set, it will also feature Daniel Miller and Simon Fisher Turner in conversation.

Details: https://www.cafeoto.co.uk/events/stumm433/

“Miller has presented us with a set of recordings that defy any attempts at subjective criticism and the most important thing is that it exists” - The Wire

💿 Pre-Order: http://smarturl.it/STUMM433

Return to “Mute Records (Label Artists)”