Blackpool Lights Switch On

Official conventions, pre-gig meetups, Erasure parties!
Pughie
Site Admin

Blackpool Lights Switch On

Post by Pughie » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:25 pm

Ive just got back from Blackpool lights switch on,it was great to see Erasure live again for what was really a surprise performance without Vince,but his backing tracks were there for all to hear.
The set was-(not in order!)
Ship Of Fools
Love To Hate You
Chorus
Oh L`Amour
Stop
Breath Of Life

Then the show went `live` on Radio Two at 8.30pm,to which McFly came on and did 3 songs,and then to many peoiples surprisde including me,Erasure returned to do Breathe & A Little Respect,by this time most of the E-fans had headed off to the pub!,poor Debi was on the motorway when she heard it!,but luckily i was still there as i was watching McFly with my daughter.
Andy did fluff his lyrics again,but can i remember which song?..........err no.
Manhattan Clique did a good job backing,but i was hoping for their own Erasure versions,but Chris did play along on a Korg Synth,with philip playing acoustic guitar & Roland SH101. Val & Anne-Marie were on backing vocal duty as usual.
It was great to see the old faces,Mooger & Ann-Lisbeth,Ewan & Donna,Kerri-Ann,Babs,ShazzaB,and my dancing partner Debi,much to the disgust of my daughter & her friend,well they did dance to McFly (i didn`t honest).

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Return to “Conventions/Meetups”