Freeform Five (Vince Clarke, co-producer)

Devoleb

Post by Devoleb » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:23 pm

I have at least 8 different CD's including the song 'Freeform Five - What Do I Want From you' ....several different versions though, but Vince Clarke is playing the synthesizer and have been co-writer on the track for their (Freeform Five) 2005 album Strangest Things.....

....Am I blind or isn't there any info here 'bout that?! :-)
Last edited by Devoleb on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devoleb

Post by Devoleb » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:41 am

Last edited by Devoleb on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrblue

Re: Freeform Five

Post by mrblue » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:12 pm

First I've heard of it. This slipped under my radar, so thanks for sharing!

Devoleb

Re: Freeform Five

Post by Devoleb » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:11 pm

mrblue wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:12 pm
First I've heard of it. This slipped under my radar, so thanks for sharing!
My pleasure.....Vince has so many sides :-)

mrblue

Re: Freeform Five (Vince Clarke, co-producer)

Post by mrblue » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:24 am

According to Discogs, the 2CD version has a remix of the song as well. This album has lots of wonderful names besides Vince associated with it: Martyn Ware, Gareth Jones, Pascal Gabriel and a Richard X remix. Very cool!

devoleb, you have 8(??) CDs with What Do I Want From You? Holy smokes, that's crazy! I thought my completionist tendencies were bad! I'd be happy with just one copy. Before I track it down... are the song and album any good?

I know we have a running list of Vince mixes. Maybe we should start a running list of Vince's lesser-known side projects, production and songwriting? (For instance, tracks like his song The Floating World on the Simple Minds album Cry.)

Devoleb

Re: Freeform Five (Vince Clarke, co-producer)

Post by Devoleb » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:54 pm

mrblue wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:24 am
According to Discogs, the 2CD version has a remix of the song as well. This album has lots of wonderful names besides Vince associated with it: Martyn Ware, Gareth Jones, Pascal Gabriel and a Richard X remix. Very cool!

devoleb, you have 8(??) CDs with What Do I Want From You? Holy smokes, that's crazy! I thought my completionist tendencies were bad! I'd be happy with just one copy. Before I track it down... are the song and album any good?

I know we have a running list of Vince mixes. Maybe we should start a running list of Vince's lesser-known side projects, production and songwriting? (For instance, tracks like his song The Floating World on the Simple Minds album Cry.)
Yes I have more than 8 CD's you know same album released in different countries, compilation CD's, promo CD's and stuff.....so I have a nice bunch of items with that song in my Vince Clarke collection, also I have a 12" with What Do I Want From You? (Paul Woolford Remix)

I have these 5 different versions on my items:
What Do I Want From You? (Album version)
What Do I Want From You? (Radio Edit)
What Do I Want From You? (Paul Woolford Remix)
What Do I Want From You? (Paul Woolford Dub)
What Do I Want From You? (Heaven 17 Remix)

Return to “Other Projects”