I dream of wires archive

skippy

I dream of wires archive

Post by skippy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:38 pm

I just saw this posted today. It's Vince giving a tour of his studio from the I dream of wires archive.

https://youtu.be/5t1aO9fJGE8

Cesar

Re: I dream of wires archive

Post by Cesar » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:21 am

I also received an email today about this:
Synthesizers! A studio tour with Vince Clarke!

In anticipation of our next Waveshaper TV episode, a previously-unseen interview with synthpop maestro Vince Clarke - from the I Dream Of Wires archive - we've decided to make this I Dream Of Wires DVD/iTunes bonus video feature available online! (...)

In July 2012, the I Dream Of Wires team visited the Brooklyn studio of one of the most influential and revered electronic musicians of all-time: Depeche Mode/Yazoo/Erasure founder/songwriter/synthesist, Vince Clarke. Join Vince Clarke mega-fan Jason Amm, aka Waveshaper Media producer and recording artist Solvent, on a nerdy studio tour with his hero, highlighting and discussing some of the amazing synthesizers in his collection, including:
  • Roland System 100m / System 700
  • Oberheim Xpander / custom modular SEM system
  • ARP 2500 / 2600
  • Eurorack modular
  • rare modular systems from Polyfusion and E-Mu
(...)

We hope you enjoy this studio tour with Vince Clarke!

Our interview with the synthpop maestro, Waveshaper TV Episode 5, is coming soon... Subscribe to Waveshaper Media on YouTube to be notified of it's release, or better yet, become a member of Waveshaper TV on Patreon to see it 5 days before it goes public....
Vince Clarke studio tour - Waveshaper TV - IDOW archive series
phpBB [media]

Source: Waveshaper Media mailing list, 09/Jan/2019

César

celebrator

Post by celebrator » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:31 pm

Many thanks for this!!

Cesar

Post by Cesar » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:49 pm

Now streaming!
Vince Clarke - Waveshaper TV Episode 5

In July 2012, the I Dream Of Wires team visited the Brooklyn studio of one of the most influential and revered electronic musicians of all-time: Depeche Mode/Yazoo/Erasure founder, songwriter, and synthesist, Vince Clarke. In addition to an impromptu tour of his jaw-dropping collection of classic analog synthesizers, we sat down with Vince to discuss the formation of Depeche Mode, how synthesizer technology changed in the 1980s, and why he decided to go back to his analog/modular synth roots.

Our extended, Patreon-exclusive edit of this interview with Vince Clarke is 7+ minutes longer than what we've posted to YouTube. Join Waveshaper TV on Patreon for access to this extended edit, along with extended cuts and early access to every Waveshaper TV episode we create - past, present, and future.

http://www.patreon.com/waveshapertv
Vince Clarke - Waveshaper TV Ep.5 - IDOW archive series
phpBB [media]

Source: Waveshaper Media mailing list, 17/Jan/2019

César

Return to “Other Projects”