Site Admin

The Neon Tour (2021)

Post by Pughie »

From Wonderland to the World Beyond
Pughie
Site Admin

Re: The Neon Tour (2021)

Post by Pughie »

I know that you're not used to hearing from me on a Wednesday, and don't worry this a bonus email and there will still be a full newsletter on Friday, but I have two pieces of very exciting news for you, and neither could wait until then.

First of all we really wanted you to be the very first people to know that we will be announcing Erasure’s 2021 UK and European tour dates THIS FRIDAY (August 28th) at 10am (UK), which is, of course, incredibly exciting. Under pain of death I'm not permitted to give you any more details about the tour until Friday, however what I can tell you is that there will be an Erasure pre-sale taking place from 10am (UK) next Tuesday (September 1st), which brings me on to the next reason for this newsflash...

To participate in the Erasure pre-sale you will need a pre-sale code which is only available with purchases of 'The Neon' from either Lexer Music or Mute Bank - ORDERS FROM ANY OTHER RETAILERS WILL NOT QUALIFY - placed before midnight (UK) this Saturday (August 29th).

If you have already purchased 'The Neon' from Mute Bank or Lexer Music then you're already all done and dusted and your pre-sale code will be emailed to you before the pre-sale kicks off on Tuesday. All the details of when you will receive the code and how the pre-sale will work will be covered in a special FAQ I'm preparing for the Erasure website which will be available on Friday morning alongside the tour announcement.

The second piece of exciting news I have for you is that at time of writing 'The Neon' is still sitting at NUMBER TWO in the midweek UK Album Charts which is utterly fantastic. The final chart is complied from sales and streaming data up to the end of Thursday so now is very much the time to keep the pressure on. Here's how you can help...

If you're in the UK then all sales and streams that happen before the end of Thursday will count towards the final chart position and every single sale or stream will count. So please, please, please do Andy and Vince the favour of giving the album as many plays on the major streaming services as you possibly can between now and the end of tomorrow, and if you need to make an album purchase (delivered to a UK address) in order to qualify for next week's pre-sale then doing that by 3pm tomorrow (Thursday) will also mean the sale will count towards the final album chart. THANK YOU!

I will be back in your in-box on Friday, but right now I think I need a little lie down...

Erasure. Always.

CHEERS!

Richard

Erasure Information Service
www.erasureinfo.com

Zipzapuk

Post by Zipzapuk »

As much as I’m pleased where’s notts

James

moxxey

Post by moxxey »

Zipzapuk wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:32 am As much as I’m pleased where’s notts
I think they've gone for the bigger venues not really knowing what position we'll be in, even in a year from now. That's my guess - these are arenas!

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

moxxey wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:20 am
I think they've gone for the bigger venues not really knowing what position we'll be in, even in a year from now. That's my guess - these are arenas!
Not every gig is an arena,I’m also gutted Nottingham hasn’t got a gig,that was the main event for me with the all seating so no queuing & of course the excellent pre-gig meet ups.
Nottingham still has the Motorpoint Arena and that’s not been chosen,so no gig at all in Nottingham.

Plus the prices are insane £45-£65 for Birmingham & Manchester and that’s before any booking fee or postal costs,the worst is The 02 having prices from £50-£75 with a booking fee of £7.50 & £9.75 respectively how can it cost £2.25 extra for an identical ticket?
Plus many fans do multiple gigs,this is pricing us out of that option.

I’ve booked for Ellie Goulding for next year at the Utilita Birmingham (Formerly NEC) face value was £32 and she is one of the top UK female artists of the moment even Dua Lipa is only around £36.

I’m quite upset over these prices,but I will hopefully go to at least 2 gigs,I would normally do more but it’s now getting beyond a joke with ticket prices ...... plus the merchandise costs etc added will at least double that cost.

How to kill the mood of the new album in one go.

mrfirst

Post by mrfirst »

How wonderful it is to see erasure back in the arenas gigs are like football now no longer for the working man

moxxey

Post by moxxey »

Pughie wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:13 pm Not every gig is an arena
Yes, but most are big venues. Clearly thought out in advance. ie. my guess is they won't fill them, so if social distancing is still required - yes, even in October 2021 - they can probably achieve this. Whereas in a small company theatre, no chance. So I'm assuming booking agents aren't taking risks with their venue arrangements.

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

moxxey wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:20 am
Sadly no Notts gig at all,Richard EIS has stated no more UK dates will be added.

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

Yet another pre-sale fiasco.
Terrible seats for Birmingham (upper tier right at the back) standing tickets saying contact venue etc etc.
It happens everytime.

moxxey

Post by moxxey »

Pughie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:03 am Yet another pre-sale fiasco.
Terrible seats for Birmingham (upper tier right at the back) standing tickets saying contact venue etc etc.
It happens everytime.
You're not wrong. I fancied going to watch Erasure play in Copenhagen for a change. Processed by ticket and it was....£604! Seriously.

Return to “The Neon Tour (2021)”