Pughie
Site Admin

Andy Bell front page news 31/12/2019

Post by Pughie »

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

mrblue

Re: Andy Bell front page news 31/12/2019

Post by mrblue »

Just... wow! I don’t even know where to begin unpacking all of this.
OK, got some sleep and now I can approach this article with a fresh cup of coffee!

I'm stunned by what I'm reading, but mostly because of all the information that isn't or barely discussed! Is this topic even worthy of our gossipy discussion... or totally worth discussing??

First, as a non-Briton, I don't know much about Daily Star so of course I have to look at the source first. It looks like garbage... BUT unfortunately, there is a lot of truth in those kinds of magazines and I can't discount them entirely. Usually it's celebrity gossip and scandal that try to avoid. (That's even been true for me with Andy and Vince's private lives over the years, even though they've always been a favorite band, because I'm simply not interested in anyone's personal business). I'm willing to take this article at face value - after all, Andy seems forthcoming and will hopefully expound further outside of a gossip paper.

But the article is so short! It says the visit occured in March (2019?) at his house. Thousands of spaceships? Were there any other witnesses at all? Neighbors? What about radar anomalies? Is there a scientific or weather organization that could check the area of his house at the time in question? I know it sounds silly, but Andy does have some celebrity and could find some help to verify. Thousands of spaceships would certainly not just be visible to Andy.

Did the visitors discuss, or want to discuss, anything besides sex? Did you, Andy, not want to ask THEM anything? They just showed up, you knew they only wanted sex, and they left after you said no I'm gay?

I'm also wondering what being gay has anything to do with alien sex?? I think being attracted to humans is answer enough. No one ever has to have sex with anyone or anything if they are not comfortable, gay or otherwise. By his description "they are all sexualities, all together, all mixed up, and they've got like one tentacle." Uhh??? Are these visitors humanoid? Somewhat humanoid? Can we get a better description of who/what you saw??

It's hard to tell and I'm just left with the overall impression that Andy could have also dreamed or hallucinated the whole thing. Was he on drugs or heavy medication that night? Could his mind be slipping? (Awful to suggest, but it is a possibility) Was he totally sober, wide awake sipping coffee on his patio when this happened?

I'm not saying he dreamt it, but I'll hold off judgment for now. John Lennon claimed to see UFOs over New York City and made a note of it in the liner notes in his Walls & Bridges album. Many, many others (famous and non-famous) have said similar things. I just have to pause when the term "angels" gets thrown in and my skeptic-o-meter hits MAX readout. Maybe we just don't have the correct words for Andy to describe his experience, and I commend his courage for at least trying. Next time, avoid the gossip magazines.

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC »

Maybe this is all part of the PR/marketing strategy in the lead up to the new album! First, "Alien" from Loveboat will get a new remix/arrangement and will be released as a "buzz" track. Then the new album "Spaceship" will debut with new single "One Tentacle Sex"!! It's brilliant and certainly 'out of the box'!!

mrblue

Post by mrblue »

Well, we did ask for a sci-fi, space-themed album didn't we??

I'm still unsettled by this article. Again, I'm assuming that the tabloid writers didn't just pull Andy's name out of a hat and make up a story... though that would actually make the most sense.

I am guessing that 1 of 2 things happened: in an interview with this tabloid, Andy spoke about a wide range of wild and not-so-wild stuff, but the author picked out the zany, juicy bit about being visited by aliens and made a headline of it.

The other option is that Andy imagined, dreamt, or hallucinated a visitation and told others about it. (I'm curious if Vince has any opinion about this topic.) It seems like Andy's brain worked this scenario up in a dream and perhaps told himself it was real, or seemed real, the next day.

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

I know a lot of gossip columns print short stories from info taken from past interviews,I’m sure that’s just the case here.
I’m just surprised none of us yet have remembered what interview it could’ve been. It may have been from a Torsten interview earlier in the year,that if March is from 2019. But it could be any March.
:spam:

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Return to “Andy Bell News”