eBay items of interest

Pughie
Site Admin

Re: eBay items of interest

Post by Pughie »

Pughie wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:36 pm Image

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114514410198

Celebrity: Andy Bell
Andy Bell is the lead singer of the hit band Erasure, one of the most successful and influential bands of the 80s and 90s, with 24 consecutive Top 40 hits in the UK and over 25 million album sales globally. Their best known hits include Chains of Love and A Little Respect.

This is the second time that Andy has donated to our auction, the first time his shoes sold in the top 3 so we are very excited to have his donation again.

For 2020 Andy has donated burgundy spazzalato leather “Brighton ” slip on Loake loafers with matching fringing and tassels, they are signed ‘Love’ open the lefty shoes and ‘Andy Bell X’ on the right and they come in a size 8.5UK.

Shoe Description:
Burgandy spazzalato leather 'Brighton' slip-on Loake Loafers with matching fringing and tassles.

Signed On inside of tongue. Left hand side says 'Love' and Right hand side says 'Andy bell x'.

Not in original box
The shoes come with a certificated authentication certificate from the charity.
One day to go,auction at £345

From Wonderland to the World Beyond
Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

mrblue wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:47 pm Regarding Andy's leather loafers: I thought Andy is (was?) vegetarian? Or at least a friend of animals who would not wear leather (and fur, etc)? I guess I've never heard him say so specifically, but I've always thought that he was since their appearance with Lene Lovich on the PETA Tame Yourself charity CD. Does anyone know for sure?
I can't say, but I will say it is HARD to find substitute dress shoes that are vegan and look decent while being durable. That's no defense for killing animals, of course, but shell cordovan (in particular) shoes can last a few generations versus synthetics which might last a few seasons.

Style-wise, I don't blame Andy for letting go of these. Kiltie loafers, or any tassel style, are so odd and impractical these days.

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :punch:
Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

Pughie wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:37 pm
Pughie wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:36 pm Image

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114514410198

Celebrity: Andy Bell
Andy Bell is the lead singer of the hit band Erasure, one of the most successful and influential bands of the 80s and 90s, with 24 consecutive Top 40 hits in the UK and over 25 million album sales globally. Their best known hits include Chains of Love and A Little Respect.

This is the second time that Andy has donated to our auction, the first time his shoes sold in the top 3 so we are very excited to have his donation again.

For 2020 Andy has donated burgundy spazzalato leather “Brighton ” slip on Loake loafers with matching fringing and tassels, they are signed ‘Love’ open the lefty shoes and ‘Andy Bell X’ on the right and they come in a size 8.5UK.

Shoe Description:
Burgandy spazzalato leather 'Brighton' slip-on Loake Loafers with matching fringing and tassles.

Signed On inside of tongue. Left hand side says 'Love' and Right hand side says 'Andy bell x'.

Not in original box
The shoes come with a certificated authentication certificate from the charity.
One day to go,auction at £345
SOLD

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Return to “Collectors”