MP3 and missing mixes

kwerty

Re: MP3 and missing mixes

Post by kwerty » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:43 pm

Honoria wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:35 pm
Ah yes, the Dogmatix rings a bell

Was it an officially commissioned Remix?
I believe so yes. It was just never officially released.

As I understand it, Dogmatix (aka GRN and aka Jaded Alliance) did a full vocal mix and a dub mix. Only his 'Dogmatix Dramatical Dub' was released officially.

He also did a remix of A Little Respect which was 'exclusively' available on the old official website in the 'fan mixes' section, but is sadly no longer there.

Honoria

Post by Honoria » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:06 pm

Oh wow, cool. Didn't know about the Little Respect remix. Hopefully someone has a copy of both these tracks they could post on here ;)

Pughie
Site Admin

Erasure Christmas Present 2009

Post by Pughie » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:58 pm

Andy Bell-Dream A Little Dream
available until 5th May 2019

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/t6pvp0vB2z

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:06 pm

Erasure Megamix 2008
available until 5th May 2019

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/417iqIbhec

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:08 pm

Honoria wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:06 pm
Oh wow, cool. Didn't know about the Little Respect remix. Hopefully someone has a copy of both these tracks they could post on here ;)
available until May 6th 2019

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/V7LyPVyCJO

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier » Sun May 12, 2019 9:07 am

May have been posted before, bu a few Vince DM demos (and DM demos in general) can be found here:

https://dmlive.wiki/wiki/Demos_%26_Stud ... s/Download

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

MikeyC

Post by MikeyC » Mon May 13, 2019 3:15 am

Tin Soldier wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:07 am
May have been posted before, bu a few Vince DM demos (and DM demos in general) can be found here:

https://dmlive.wiki/wiki/Demos_%26_Stud ... s/Download
Wow!! :o

mrblue

Post by mrblue » Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 pm

I love that site and posted it about it on the old forums. Lots of great live DM shows, very comprehensive and well organized. I believe the site admin even popped in the thread too!

I chatted with Cesar last year about trying to compile a similar collection of all Erasure's live shows, and even had Uncle Mike's ear (he has many shows on cassette) - but it kinda peetered out. Everything I have is organized and metadata is tagged, but after listening to so many audience recordings I realized there are just too many poor-quality Erasure shows. I thought I wanted to be a completionist, but most shows aren't worth the hard drive space. Of course, most of the shows that *do* sound really good (referring to older tours), we already know about and/or have been traded or bootlegged to CD. There are a few hidden gems of course so maybe one day I/we can revisit the idea. Unlike DM, I just don't think Erasure has as many rabid fans eager to hear every live show. ;)
Rating: 100%

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier » Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 am

mrblue wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 pm
I love that site and posted it about it on the old forums. Lots of great live DM shows, very comprehensive and well organized. I believe the site admin even popped in the thread too!

I chatted with Cesar last year about trying to compile a similar collection of all Erasure's live shows, and even had Uncle Mike's ear (he has many shows on cassette) - but it kinda peetered out. Everything I have is organized and metadata is tagged, but after listening to so many audience recordings I realized there are just too many poor-quality Erasure shows. I thought I wanted to be a completionist, but most shows aren't worth the hard drive space. Of course, most of the shows that *do* sound really good (referring to older tours), we already know about and/or have been traded or bootlegged to CD. There are a few hidden gems of course so maybe one day I/we can revisit the idea. Unlike DM, I just don't think Erasure has as many rabid fans eager to hear every live show. ;)
Thought I remembered it from somewhere!

Well, keep in mind that if the setlist has an oddity or two, that show might well be acceptable despite the poor recording quality or degradation. You never know if a poor copy of a great show might spur some added searching for better. Happened with Doctor Who, you know! ;)

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

Cesar

Post by Cesar » Wed May 15, 2019 2:55 am

Honoria wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:36 pm
Hiya

My first post on here :) (long time lurker, and E fan since 1988)

Several years back when the POP! remix came out, I am sure there was another version of Drama! called the Dramatical Vox (as opposed to the Dramatical Dub that was published). I think it was put up on Myspace, then quickly removed

Does anyone else remember this? Would this version be available anywhere?

Thanks
These are a couple of Dogmatix snippets I downloaded from MySpace a long time ago:
(Files will be removed next week.)

I don't have full versions of these tracks, though.

César

Return to “Collectors”