A book about Erasure

Erasure topics that just don't fit in the other forums!
billyburg129

A book about Erasure

Post by billyburg129 »

So I have Peter Hooks’s book about New Order, Stephen Morris’ book about Joy Division, the recent PSB reissues about touring in Japan and the Behavior tour in the US. Isn’t it time for a proper book about the history of Erasure? What era would you want it to cover?
Rating: 25%

Pughie
Site Admin

Re: A book about Erasure

Post by Pughie »

billyburg129 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:37 am So I have Peter Hooks’s book about New Order, Stephen Morris’ book about Joy Division, the recent PSB reissues about touring in Japan and the Behavior tour in the US. Isn’t it time for a proper book about the history of Erasure? What era would you want it to cover?
It wouldn’t be an era,it would be the whole career for me.
But for the moment the only real book we have is the Paul Hickey book.

Thread here-
viewtopic.php?f=165&t=756

(There are a few on eBay at the moment)

From Wonderland to the World Beyond
MikeyC

Post by MikeyC »

billyburg129 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:37 am What era would you want it to cover?
1985 thru 2021 would be great!

:P

AaronLancs

Post by AaronLancs »

Funny you should bring this up. I've been thinking of something along the lines of what U2 by U2 would be for Erasure.

The way I'm thiking of it would be either a single volume (85-present) or several volume (85-92 / 92-09 / 09-present). I'd have ideally someone who is good enough to interview all concerned and present it in a way that feels a bit like a "round table" discussion of the albums they have done. Where appropriate there would be a slight detour into Clarke and Bell's side adventures.

But as I'd say, that is what my version of The Erasure Story would be.

Longing to sail on through the night to the stars.
"All Through The Years" - I Say, I Say, I Say
dcd747

Post by dcd747 »

I wonder how definitive it would be so long after the fact. When answering questions about past events in their career, Vince and Andy often seem to come up blank or shrug off the question. One would probably have to lean heavily on the people around the band.

Haven't read the Stephen Morris book yet but Hooky's books seemed a little *too* steeped in detail. You'd have to be taking notes to remember that much, especially considering the illicit substances involved. Bernard Sumner's book seems quite sparse by comparison and makes me wonder how Hooky could remember quite so much.

The Pet Shop Boys books are great because of the meticulous details but that was the result of a fly-on-the-wall journalist being with them at every turn.

Return to “Erasure Chat”