Top 10 Erasure tracks of the decade

Erasure topics that just don't fit in the other forums!
User avatar
Onge
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:10 pm

Top 10 Erasure tracks of the decade

Post by Onge » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:26 am

What are your top 10 Erasure tracks of the decade? Here are mine:

01. Be With You
02. Bells Of Love (Isabelle's of Love)
03. Dead Of Night
04. Reason
05. Be The One
06. Under The Wave
07. Stayed A Little Late Tonight
08. Die 4 Love
09. World Be Gone
10. Lousy Sum Of Nothing



kwerty
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Re: Top 10 Erasure tracks of the decade

Post by kwerty » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:13 pm

A top ten? I can pick out ten songs that stick out in my mind as ones I've particularly liked, I'm not sure the order can be 100% my most favourite to my least favourite though (they are all joint first!), but without thinking too hard maybe something along the lines of this:

01. I Lose Myself
02. Dead Of Night
03. Oh What A World
04. Lousy Sum Of Nothing
05. You've Got To Save Me Right Now
06. Give Me Life
07. A Whole Lot Of Love Run Riot
08. What Will I Say When You're Gone?
09. Smoke And Mirrors
10. Take Me Out Of Myself
Rating: 50%



kwerty
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Re: Top 10 Erasure tracks of the decade

Post by kwerty » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:46 pm

Pughie wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:00 pm
From Loveboat to World Be Gone,quite a list to choose from.
Lol. Onge said from the DECADE Pughie! That's 2010 - 2019* :lol:

Loveboat came out in 2000! Almost TWO decades ago!

OPS was 2003, LATEOFW was 2007. You can't include them!

I know, I know... it's all gone by so fast! Doesn't seem more than 10 years!

*Arguably it should be 2011 - 2020 (no year zero and all that)... but for now it makes no difference for this top 10.



User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: Top 10 Erasure tracks of the decade

Post by Pughie » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:36 am

kwerty wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:46 pm
Pughie wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:00 pm
From Loveboat to World Be Gone,quite a list to choose from.
Lol. Onge said from the DECADE Pughie! That's 2010 - 2019* :lol:

Loveboat came out in 2000! Almost TWO decades ago!

OPS was 2003, LATEOFW was 2007. You can't include them!

I know, I know... it's all gone by so fast! Doesn't seem more than 10 years!

*Arguably it should be 2011 - 2020 (no year zero and all that)... but for now it makes no difference for this top 10.
I think the term I need to use is ...... bo****ks!,I look a right eejit.
A rethink is needed,now let’s recap .... it’s from Tomorrow’s World to World Be Gone (Beyond)



01 What Will I Say When Your Gone?
02 A Whole Lotta Love Run Riot
03 Just When I Thought It Was Ending
04 Make It Wonderful
05 There’ll Be No Tomorrow
06 Elevation
07 Stayed A Little Late Tonight
08 Die 4 Love
09 Still It’s Not Over
10 Oh What A World


Ps it’s very difficult to single out Violet Flame tracks as the album is full of excellence!


From Wonderland to the World Beyond

User avatar
Onge
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:10 pm

Re: Top 10 Erasure tracks of the decade

Post by Onge » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Pughie wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:36 am
I think the term I need to use is ...... bo****ks!,I look a right eejit.
You're not the only one to make that mistake! :lol: ;)



MikeyC
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Top 10 Erasure tracks of the decade

Post by MikeyC » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:25 am

I Lose Myself
Just When I Thought it was Ending
Loving Man
There'll Be No Tomorrow
Dead of Night
Reason
Sacred
Die 4 Love
Oh What a World
Lousy Sum of Nothing



User avatar
Pughie
Site Admin
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 am
Location: Leamington Spa

Re: Top 10 Erasure tracks of the decade

Post by Pughie » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 am

MikeyC wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:25 am
I Lose Myself
Just When I Thought it was Ending
Loving Man
There'll Be No Tomorrow
Dead of Night
Reason
Sacred
Die 4 Love
Oh What a World
Lousy Sum of Nothing
Oh no I’ve looked at this list ........ Sacred!,I missed this off my list , how could i?


From Wonderland to the World Beyond

User avatar
mrblue
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: Top 10 Erasure tracks of the decade

Post by mrblue » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:02 pm

Fun thread! Here are mine, in no particular order:

1. Tomorrow's World - the b-side
2. Make It Wonderful
3. Loving Man
4. Bleak Midwinter - something just beautifully haunting about this track
5. Be The One
6. Sacred
7. Heavenly Action (Matt Pop's Planet Cupid Mix) - do remixes count? Because this mix is amazing!
8. World Be Gone
9. Oh What A World
10. How Many Times? (Alternative Mix) - I love this version so I'm counting it :P~~~



MikeyC
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Top 10 Erasure tracks of the decade

Post by MikeyC » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:22 am

Pughie wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 am
MikeyC wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:25 am
I Lose Myself
Just When I Thought it was Ending
Loving Man
There'll Be No Tomorrow
Dead of Night
Reason
Sacred
Die 4 Love
Oh What a World
Lousy Sum of Nothing
Oh no I’ve looked at this list ........ Sacred!,I missed this off my list , how could i?


You'll be forgiven!! :D



MikeyC
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Top 10 Erasure tracks of the decade

Post by MikeyC » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:23 am

mrblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:02 pm
Fun thread! Here are mine, in no particular order:

1. Tomorrow's World - the b-side
2. Make It Wonderful
3. Loving Man
4. Bleak Midwinter - something just beautifully haunting about this track
5. Be The One
6. Sacred
7. Heavenly Action (Matt Pop's Planet Cupid Mix) - do remixes count? Because this mix is amazing!
8. World Be Gone
9. Oh What A World
10. How Many Times? (Alternative Mix) - I love this version so I'm counting it :P~~~

Love your non-traditional choices!! :D



Post Reply

Return to “Erasure Chat”