Val & Emma

Erasure topics that just don't fit in the other forums!
Pughie
Site Admin

Val & Emma

Post by Pughie » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:59 pm

I can't believe a band I've liked since around 1990 The Tyrrel Corporation who didn't really worry the charts much but this single '6 0'clock' I've found on YouTube and its only a very young Val & Emma on backing vocals.

phpBB [media]

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

MikeyC

Re: Val & Emma

Post by MikeyC » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:18 pm

It's like they're part of the Erasure family!! I feel warm-hearted whenever I see and hear them! 8-)

kwerty

Re: Val & Emma

Post by kwerty » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 am

MikeyC wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:18 pm
It's like they're part of the Erasure family!!
It feels that way doesn't it? It often seems like they've become a permanent part of Erasure since the Innocents tour at least!

Well... except for all the times when they aren't.

Like for the Phantasmagorical Entertainment tour when they used two other twins.

Or the first major tour after that - the pair were not on the TIny Tour.

Neither of them were on the Cowboy tour - same lineup as the Tiny Tour (but they did add two male vocalists as well).

That's three tours in a row without either of them!

Then just one of them was present for the 'Other Tour' I believe, in a kind of 'half-comeback'.

And what about the Light At The End Of The World Tour? I recall they had further backing vocalists on that tour, but were both Val & Emma together for that? Were either of them there?

Were Val and Emma there together for the Union Street tour? I think only one of them was part of that too.

(I recall that for maybe a period of time only one of them was ever present while the other focused on her actual family).

So it's maybe not until the Nightbird tour (aka 'The Erasure Show') when we first see them back together on stage with Erasure. The first time since 'Wild!'

But anyway, yeah... it certainly seems like they've always been there! Even though they actually weren't. People just think they were!

Return to “Erasure Chat”