trouble navigating E4rum since upgrade

Chat about the Erasure4rum only
mrblue

trouble navigating E4rum since upgrade

Post by mrblue » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:05 pm

I haven't as active since the forum upgrade due to some other projects and stuff, but also because I get lots of error messages while trying to navigate the site. I kept thinking it would stop eventually, but it hasn't.

I usually browse at work and the IT dept has a firewall setup. My computer also uses an older version of Windows (Windows 7 Professional) and Firefox 60.1.0esr. It's likely that the older Windows version causes trouble since I don't recall ever having trouble navigating the site at home, but I just wanted to ask. Is anyone else having any trouble?

I get this error from our firewall (edit to add: I don't get the error every time, but definitely most of the time):
The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: viewtopic.php?f=162&p=2160&sid=63e42f2b ... 9509ddc2c9

Read Error

The system returned: (104) Connection reset by peer

An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. Please retry your request.
Last edited by mrblue on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pughie
Site Admin

Re: trouble navigating E4rum since upgrade

Post by Pughie » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:07 pm

mrblue wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:05 pm
I haven't as active since the forum upgrade due to some other projects and stuff, but also because I get lots of error messages while trying to navigate the site. I kept thinking it would stop eventually, but it hasn't.

I usually browse at work and the IT dept has a firewall setup. My computer also uses an older version of Windows (I think Windows 7) and Firefox 60.1.0esr. It's likely that the older Windows version causes trouble since I don't recall ever having trouble navigating the site at home, but I just wanted to ask. Is anyone else having any trouble?

I get this error from our firewall (edit to add: I don't get the error every time, but definitely most of the time):
The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: viewtopic.php?f=162&p=2160&sid=63e42f2b ... 9509ddc2c9

Read Error

The system returned: (104) Connection reset by peer

An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. Please retry your request.
I can see the link you posted.
If anyone else is having trouble please say,let us know.

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

mrblue

Post by mrblue » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Links work for me maybe about 1 time out of 10... but eventually they DO work. Again, I suspect it's just this old operating system. MikeyC had mentioned to me that Mike Depaz was having trouble with the site too. I got to wondering if problems were more widespread and just wanted to make a public post about it.

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:09 am

mrblue wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:04 pm
Links work for me maybe about 1 time out of 10... but eventually they DO work. Again, I suspect it's just this old operating system. MikeyC had mentioned to me that Mike Depaz was having trouble with the site too. I got to wondering if problems were more widespread and just wanted to make a public post about it.

That’s totally fine if you do t say we don’t know!
Mikes fine with it now,he’s back with us

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:29 pm

The issue Mike DePaz was having was with logging in, as Mikey had before. Drew, yours sounds like a network issue. Can you try on a different connection like a phone?

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :lol:

Return to “E4M Talk”