Turns The Love To Anger (PE Tour Backing Track)

The biggest and most lavish tour doing residencies at the Hammersmith & Manchester Apollo's
chemicalboy

Turns The Love To Anger (PE Tour Backing Track)

Post by chemicalboy »

Uttering Rubbish and Associating Words.......

MikeyC

Re: Turns The Love To Anger (PE Tour Backing Track)

Post by MikeyC »

So gorgeous!! 8-)

kwerty

Post by kwerty »

Hmm... I thought Erasure didn't use backing tapes on tours, so the existence of this is curious.

I'm sure we all remember "It just goes to show what can happen when you're using live sequencers on stage and you're not using tapes".

Rather than being used live though, I'm wondering if this a sequencer output recording used to overdub the live recording of The Tank, The Swan and the Balloon video.

I'd love to know more about it, where it came from and why it is only surfacing now! And can we expect all the other tracks?!

Anyway, I give it a :alwandy:

(That's a 'treasure' rating!)

Pughie
Site Admin

Post by Pughie »

kwerty wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:12 pm
Hmm... I thought Erasure didn't use backing tapes on tours, so the existence of this is curious.

I'm sure we all remember "It just goes to show what can happen when you're using live sequencers on stage and you're not using tapes".

Rather than being used live though, I'm wondering if this a sequencer output recording used to overdub the live recording of The Tank, The Swan and the Balloon video.

I'd love to know more about it, where it came from and why it is only surfacing now! And can we expect all the other tracks?!

Anyway, I give it a :alwandy:

(That's a 'treasure' rating!)
I’m sure I read a while back that these backing tracks were just in case the computers crashed so that they had an audio recording they could play back until the problem was sorted out.
I’m sure somebody will back this up or have another reason.

If this is a back up recording what’s more exciting to know is that wherever this came from there must be over 2 hours of backing tracks for the complete gig,now THAT would be a great bonus disc(s) for a Chorus reissue deluxe!

There is also a version of Voulez Vous-

From Wonderland to the World Beyond

SimonUEC

Post by SimonUEC »

Yes, As Pughie said, they had these tracks backed up in case of multiple computer crashes and I dont blame them ;)
Turns the live to anger is one of the tracks that just works so well on its own. Some of them just sound a bit repetitive and you definitely need Andy’s vocals to ‘make ‘ the track what we know and love.
As for any more tracks.....

kwerty

Post by kwerty »

Pughie wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:12 am
I’m sure I read a while back that these backing tracks were just in case the computers crashed so that they had an audio recording they could play back until the problem was sorted out.
Thanks Pughie. I wondered myself if it was something like that, and I had a vague thought that maybe I'd read the same thing somewhere as well, but I couldn't be sure if it was a memory I'd made up!

Note: I was going to rate your post with a 'thanks', but that rating option seems to have gone?
SimonUEC wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:12 am
Some of them just sound a bit repetitive and you definitely need Andy’s vocals to ‘make ‘ the track what we know and love.
I think you should put them all out there and let us be the judge of that! :p

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

kwerty wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:52 am
Note: I was going to rate your post with a 'thanks', but that rating option seems to have gone?
The board just got a significant upgrade over the weekend, and that option (a mod) has yet to catch up on compatibility. When it plays nice, it will be allowed to return to the playground. ;)

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :punch:

mrblue

Post by mrblue »

I'd be in heaven if the backing tracks for the full PE show do indeed turn up. I'd happily sing along to every song karaoke style! Great stuff!

billyburg129

Post by billyburg129 »

SimonUEC wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:12 am
Yes, As Pughie said, they had these tracks backed up in case of multiple computer crashes and I dont blame them ;)
Turns the live to anger is one of the tracks that just works so well on its own. Some of them just sound a bit repetitive and you definitely need Andy’s vocals to ‘make ‘ the track what we know and love.
As for any more tracks.....
I am so hoping to hear this song live again. It is such a fantastic track!

Tin Soldier
Site Admin

Post by Tin Soldier »

kwerty wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:52 am
Tin Soldier wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:39 pm
The board just got a significant upgrade over the weekend, and that option (a mod) has yet to catch up on compatibility. When it plays nice, it will be allowed to return to the playground. ;)
...and it has. :)

"Erasure message board code was written into my DNA during conception" :punch:

Return to “Phantasmagorical Entertainment (1992)”